This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mendziol
Star II
UPDATE
Happy to confirm that after factory reset everything seems to be ok.
Barclays app still crushes after 2mins of using but thats a different story. No more random switching off! Yeaaaaa!

View solution in original post

113 REPLIES 113

sivamani242
Rising Star I
If your phone is auto restarting , then it is a motherboard problem ,
I faced with asus 6z

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ROG Phone II doesn't have the same issue as ZenFone 6 did. They have completely different design.
@Jerel the phone might get hot but it shouldn't restart. Have you already tried factory reset? Did it help or did you send your phone for repair?

mendziol
Star II
I'm sorry to say but this problem seems to be still existing even if the design of ROG Phone II is completely different.
My phone keep turning off every 3-4 days. It never happened to me when I was actually using it, always right after I have locked the screen or just when it was lying on my desk.
Usually I'm not able to turn it on for next few minutes (only twice I have managed to turn it on straight away).
It doesn't seem to be just a screen issue as all my Bluetooth devices are getting disconnected and if I call myself from different phone I'm getting redirected to the voicemail.
It is also not related to any third party app as I have removed all of them and problem still occurs, also I have confirmed that with other users on different forums.
You can imagine how annoying it is when you realize that your phone was off for last 1-2 hours and after turning it on you receive all these missed texts, phone calls. Because of that I keep it all the time connected to my wireless speaker which will inform me as soon as it will get disconnected from the phone. However it is not a long term solution which I would like stick to.
Over weekend I'm planing to do a factory reset as Anders suggested. Will keep you informed,
If you need any more details, please let me know, I will try to provide you with all info I have.

mendziol
Star II
UPDATE
Happy to confirm that after factory reset everything seems to be ok.
Barclays app still crushes after 2mins of using but thats a different story. No more random switching off! Yeaaaaa!