This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance loss on Android 10

Mr_Doge
Star III
Since the android 10 update, I have noticed a serious drop in performance that happens by period.
The phone runs smoothly for several hours, and sometimes (once or twice a day) it gets really slow for 10 to 20 minutes. Switching between apps takes several seconds, rotation too and the response time when clicking is a lot longer than usual.
This seems to happen in any app ( youtube, chrome, Instagram...) and without doing a heavy task like launching several large apps at a time. I also didn't install any apps since the update.
Another issue is that RAM management is way more aggressive, nothing stays in ram for mor than a few hours, while before I had pretty much all the frequently used apps in memory at all times. In the mobile manager, I noticed that ram use never goes past 4.5gb (6gb model) while it was always at 5.5 on Pie. This gig seems to make a big difference. I updated last week so optiflex should be working normally by now.
I would like the dev team to work on that, because these issues are not normal for a flagship phone.
I'll also throw some bugs I noticed since 10:
- Sometimes the recent apps takes me to a random app instead of the latest one used.
- Power master constantly shows the notification saying that an app is using battery in the background when using a music app (didn't do that before).
- Sometimes swiping down on the home screen and/or on the fingerprint scanner to go to the notifications doesn't work
- Using split - screen still shows the 3-button navigation bar instead lf using the gestures.
Thank you guys if you can work on this.
15 REPLIES 15

Mr_Doge
Star III
@skylerwolfe Thanks man. That solved the problem.
@prashanth @paras0710 Let's hope they will acknowledge the problem if enough people complain!

Mr_Doge
Star III
Update: performance is now CONSTANTLY CATASTROPHIC if I don't restart it everyday. That's just not acceptable. This seriously needs a patch.

Manan
Star II
@Mr.Doge after reading your comments i m afraid of updating my phone to android 10 as its working awesome for me on android 9...whats ur opinion should i update it or not??

vlasta_vasicek
Rising Star I
my phone working fine on android 10, no problems. I was afraid, but everything went well

prashanth
Rising Star II
Mr.Doge

Update: performance is now CONSTANTLY CATASTROPHIC if I don't restart it everyday. That's just not acceptable. This seriously needs a patch.

View post
I did a factory reset and it's been 2 days... it's fine for now but let's see how long it lasts