Or
2.30 to. 90%
Or
3. 50 to 100%

Is it advisable to leave phone in night with charging
3 REPLIES 3

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Of those 3 options I would do the second. Try to avoid low and high percentages. I personally usually do 40 to 80 which is easy for me on this large battery.

S4t
Star III
These days battery don't require constant care. I used a OnePlus 3 for 3 years and the battery is still fine even though I never did anything special. Left it charging overnight, sometimes charged during the day... the only thing I avoided - mainly because I didn't need it - was dash charging (aka quick charging).
You should avoid going too low (eg: less than 20%) and avoid heat (eg: leaving the phone inside a car on a hot day), but that's the rule for most batteries we use on computers, phones, etc.
Asus includes a setting (Settings>Battery>PowerMaster>Battery Care) that slows down the charging speed if you charge overnight. Does it really improve battery life? I don't know. Maybe charging it slowly (which is what this feature does) all the time is better... the "problem" is that this phone's battery is big and it can take over 2 hours to charge it from a low battery state.
Anyway, don't forget to use and enjoy your phone. Phones don't last forever.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
It really depends on how you wish to define battery health and for how long you intend to use it -and so on.

The general tip is to not leave your device at 100% for a long time. Even if the charger stops charging at 100%, it will still trickle-charge to keep it at 100% when it is connected.

You may use your Scheduled Charging function to alleviate this - it will reduce the time (over night, or your set periods) where the device is at 100%.