This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

Flint
Star I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27094#Comment_27094

Sent who what email? Are you trying to get in contact with ASUS or Gearbest support?

View post
That would be much appreciated if you could tell me how to get in touch with Asus to find out what model I managed to buy. Thanks in advance!

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Flint

Hi, could use a little help here to establish what type of Asus Rog 2 I bought please. The shop I got it from states it for the global market although the back of my phone says tencent games.

View post
If the back of the phone says "Tencent", it is one of the unsupported configurations we are talking about here. Only the Tencent models intended for sale and use in China have that labeling on the back.
Please contact your reseller for a refund.

OPC
Zen Master II
Asus should have offered, and still can, also the 8/128 international version. Not many people can afford to pay 900 USD for a phone. This would have prevented many problems to customers who bought the Tencent version because that was the version they could afford. It was also not clear on the internet that Tencent version would have problems outside of China. Otherwise people would not buy it. The lack of LTE bands in the Chinese version was also not emphasized enough. Personally (and luckily as I almost bought the Tencent version) I have the international version that has no bugs and I am very pleased with the phone. Every question I had was referring to some setups not immediately obvious to me and answered promptly on this forum. Every customer should have the same level of experience and satisfaction with the product. Asus now has the chance to create a significant customer base for phones. Rog phone 2 is a product many want. But with all these problems that great opportunity might be missed. Customers who bought the phone in good faith and now being left on disposal of dealers will have a bitter taste in their mouths. I understand Asus cannot control dealers but loud and clear campaigns could have been taken to make sure people understand that Tencent version would only work properly in China.

xhack03
Star I
I have this problem i have CN model, but rum ww .. i dont receive the update ..... please help me for updates

alfred7209
Star III
xhack03

I have this problem i have CN model, but rum ww .. i dont receive the update ..... please help me for updates

View post
Asus must give us an answer .... nobody told us of this problem consumer satisfaction towards the Asus brand is at stake .... I demand a solution ...