This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to change phone display name? Not device name (screenshot attached)

csbcpikachu
Star I
So I'm at my wit's end trying to change this name lol, it's a personal name and I don't really want it to be stuck there in case something happens to my phone but I kept my pic there so only people who know me would recognize me (I know it seems dumb but it's just my preference), so I wanted to change it to something that doesn't show my actual name. How can I do so? I've tried changing my google name and changing my personal contact name with no luck. I don't want to try to factory reset my phone because I'm out of my home country right now and my internet is slow, so re-downloading everything that I have will take ages and I want to avoid that as much as possible, and I just finished transferring my 10k+ backed up photos from my personal computer. Any help would be appreciated!
BR9NG2CM8XH9.png

4 REPLIES 4

moneycashgold
Star III
csbcpikachu

So I'm at my wit's end trying to change this name lol, it's a personal name and I don't really want it to be stuck there in case something happens to my phone but I kept my pic there so only people who know me would recognize me (I know it seems dumb but it's just my preference), so I wanted to change it to something that doesn't show my actual name. How can I do so? I've tried changing my google name and changing my personal contact name with no luck. I don't want to try to factory reset my phone because I'm out of my home country right now and my internet is slow, so re-downloading everything that I have will take ages and I want to avoid that as much as possible, and I just finished transferring my 10k+ backed up photos from my personal computer. Any help would be appreciated!

BR9NG2CM8XH9.png

To end this not on a negative note, just got the ROG Phone 2 and I'm loving everything about it so far! Glad I made the upgrade!

https://imgur.com/a/XW3q4mI

Option to change phone display name? Not device name (screenshot attached)
Go to your contacts and edit your name there..
28W6SQQK6S1Z.jpg
WL55QCVUF6IO.jpg

csbcpikachu
Star I
moneycashgold

Go to your contacts and change your name there...

6G5A5CY9NCKG.jpg

V5AC03PTCG6M.jpg

View post
Yes i did do this, changing my name in contacts, like I said above, and for some reason it still didn't work for me at all. I was able to change my picture there and when my name didn't reflect the change, I decided to come here to ask for help.

moneycashgold
Star III
csbcpikachu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28125#Comment_28125

Yes i did do this, changing my name in contacts, like I said above, and for some reason it still didn't work for me at all. I was able to change my picture there and when my name didn't reflect the change, I decided to come here to ask for help.

View post
you know what? it didn't work for me either. It did work the 1st time when it didn't have any name.. now that it has my name on it i can't change it too...

OPC
Zen Master II
As was mentioned here on forum it can be changed once. For the 2nd change it's necessary to factory reset phone.