This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better battery care suggestions

evnchn
Rising Star II
Picked this phone because of the massive battery. Loved to see battery caring features from ASUS ❤️ . Please, if possible, add a possibility to set a threshold to charging (i.e stop charging after 80% or something, feature only seen in industrial laptops) and allow disabling of Quick Charge to make the phone last longer. You are only a few sysfs commands away from a durable battery. This phone is clearly built to last, as seen from the LCD display, the camera that can be pulled out manually unlike popup ones (don't do that unless after like 3yrs and motor is broken) and the collab with rhinoshield. Peek at AccuBattery if in doubt on how to make the battery last long. Don't want people voiding their warranty because they miss a battery-life-lengthening feature that, unlike other manufacturers, that can be implemented by ASUS, a company willing to listen. 

Sorry for confusing English
14 REPLIES 14

GamerArc
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
ColorSage said:
I've given exactly the same feature requests (basically making battery charge limit app out of it) but I'm not sure whether they'll ever implement it.
We had something similar a couple of generations back in the Max series.
It was subsequently removed as far too few of the users were using it to maintain it (over other features)  - so we didnt carry over the feature.

However it doesnt mean its a bad thing. As LP_ already mentioned, we'll bring this back as feedback for consideration.
How exactly does this battery care feature work...can you explain in detail???

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
CH_ASUS said:
ColorSage said:
I've given exactly the same feature requests (basically making battery charge limit app out of it) but I'm not sure whether they'll ever implement it.
It was subsequently removed as far too few of the users were using it to maintain it (over other features)  - so we didnt carry over the feature.

However it doesnt mean its a bad thing. As LP_ already mentioned, we'll bring this back as feedback for consideration.
I'm not sure I fully understand your question? It is not related to ZenFone 6.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
CH_ASUS said:
ColorSage said:

I'm not sure I fully understand your question? It is not related to ZenFone 6.
I am actually talking about this(screenshot) on my 6z. How exactly does this feature work??tox4m81adfp3.png

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
CH_ASUS

ColorSage said:

View post
Yes! Battery charge limiting - the main thing I miss from not currently having root access. Would be awesome. The ability to toggle on and off fast charging would be great as well ?

evnchn
Rising Star II
I have spent some money on a WIFI remote USB switch attempting to get a battery limit feature and failed. The power draw of the CPU varies from time to time, and no chance for input to match exactly that given only 0.5A and 1A setting available. The battery still undergoes wear. Maybe allow access to the "battery" class in sysfs in later Android updates? That is honestly all it takes for scripting our own battery limit using Tasker/Automate. (As I have said, /sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_charging_enabled)