This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video calling provision is off

No video call option in dialler. I've checked in system setting where VIDEO PROVISION IS OFF. All other brands are giving this feature. Asus help me out
EDBB6EOCIQ6Q.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Rajat_Kumar
Zen Master I
srinivas.teegapuram

No video call option in dialler. I've checked in system setting where VIDEO PROVISION IS OFF. All other brands are giving this feature. Asus help me out

EDBB6EOCIQ6Q.jpg

Video calling provision is off
This option of volte is greyed out for me. Does it mean that i have a faulty device ?

SHEIKH_AZHARUDD
Rising Star II
No native video call support ?
Other major brands like Xiaomi and OnePlus have it since many years... please add it

atulschauhan
Star I
Anders_ASUS

This feature needs extensive testing before it can be enabled or customer complaints will rain down upon us from all directions. We only enable supported functions and currently Video calling isn't supported. This might change in the future but not now.

View post
I agree that half cooked feature may alienate consumers. But work on it. Try to make it usable asap. In India since Jio native video calling option has become very important. I believe your lower priced devices (max pro m1 and m2) has this feature. Most of Volte devices in India (redmi etc) has it.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if you could enable it by following one of the many guide that you can find via google

View post
No the regular guides won't work, I have tried them. But if you went on to XDA forums, those guys are close to cracking open the pandora's box.
Which is also a big problem because to gain access to the system files you are required to root the device. I don't think ASUS would want people to be playing around with the scripts and codes inside the system. You guys are already having a PR nightmare with many customers getting their hands on the Tencent edition of the ROG phone.
I am sure many will want to give it a shot if someone has successfully enabled it...and I am sure there will be many who will get their devices bricked especially if they are not sure about what they are doing. You will have a even bigger problem then.

Not applicable
atulschauhan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22316#Comment_22316

I agree that half cooked feature may alienate consumers. But work on it. Try to make it usable asap. In India since Jio native video calling option has become very important. I believe your lower priced devices (max pro m1 and m2) has this feature. Most of Volte devices in India (redmi etc) has it.

View post
even the JIO PHONE has this feature.
Now think Asus what a shame this is for customers as well as your company.