This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance loss on Android 10

Mr_Doge
Star III
Since the android 10 update, I have noticed a serious drop in performance that happens by period.
The phone runs smoothly for several hours, and sometimes (once or twice a day) it gets really slow for 10 to 20 minutes. Switching between apps takes several seconds, rotation too and the response time when clicking is a lot longer than usual.
This seems to happen in any app ( youtube, chrome, Instagram...) and without doing a heavy task like launching several large apps at a time. I also didn't install any apps since the update.
Another issue is that RAM management is way more aggressive, nothing stays in ram for mor than a few hours, while before I had pretty much all the frequently used apps in memory at all times. In the mobile manager, I noticed that ram use never goes past 4.5gb (6gb model) while it was always at 5.5 on Pie. This gig seems to make a big difference. I updated last week so optiflex should be working normally by now.
I would like the dev team to work on that, because these issues are not normal for a flagship phone.
I'll also throw some bugs I noticed since 10:
- Sometimes the recent apps takes me to a random app instead of the latest one used.
- Power master constantly shows the notification saying that an app is using battery in the background when using a music app (didn't do that before).
- Sometimes swiping down on the home screen and/or on the fingerprint scanner to go to the notifications doesn't work
- Using split - screen still shows the 3-button navigation bar instead lf using the gestures.
Thank you guys if you can work on this.
15 REPLIES 15

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
You can turn off the monitoring for battery drainage. Pie did that for me on Spotify and a podcast app until I turned it off on pie.
Power master --> battery saving options --> turn off "detect battery draining apps"

prashanth
Rising Star II
Mr.Doge

Since the android 10 update, I have noticed a serious drop in performance that happens by period.

The phone runs smoothly for several hours, and sometimes (once or twice a day) it gets really slow for 10 to 20 minutes. Switching between apps takes several seconds, rotation too and the response time when clicking is a lot longer than usual.

This seems to happen in any app ( youtube, chrome, Instagram...) and without doing a heavy task like launching several large apps at a time. I also didn't install any apps since the update.

Another issue is that RAM management is way more aggressive, nothing stays in ram for mor than a few hours, while before I had pretty much all the frequently used apps in memory at all times. In the mobile manager, I noticed that ram use never goes past 4.5gb (6gb model) while it was always at 5.5 on Pie. This gig seems to make a big difference. I updated last week so optiflex should be working normally by now.

I would like the dev team to work on that, because these issues are not normal for a flagship phone.

I'll also throw some bugs I noticed since 10:

- Sometimes the recent apps takes me to a random app instead of the latest one used.

- Power master constantly shows the notification saying that an app is using battery in the background when using a music app (didn't do that before).

- Sometimes swiping down on the home screen and/or on the fingerprint scanner to go to the notifications doesn't work

- Using split - screen still shows the 3-button navigation bar instead lf using the gestures.

Thank you guys if you can work on this.

Performance loss on Android 10
Ram management is definitely on the aggressive side
And as far as the lag in ui goes....i experienced it and was almost fedup with it...reboot didn't solve the issue for 2-3 days but then again i rebooted it and it miraculously is working properly

prashanth
Rising Star II
Mods won't admit that there is problem of lag in UI or atleast they think only few people are experiencing it so they will tell u to factory reset... that's pretty much it

paras0710
Rising Star II
Yes there is a lag and i think asus will improve 10 performance with upcoming updates and i think asus knows this that is why they officially made available downgrader.