This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Key customization

FredrikH03
Star III
The Smart Key is something i use a lot on this phone, but the customization is not too useful. I mean some of the features are very useful, but that is just some of them such as open the camera app, use flashlight, screenshot. The rest of them are pretty useless in my opinion.
1: Why can i only use the flashlight on the double-press fuction and not on the press and hold or just short press function?
2: It would be cool if more features were added such as being able to return the camera to its position when its not, flashlight on press, double-press and press and hold, switch NFC on or off and more features that you can do in the tab where you swipe down from the top of the screen.
You get my point, it would make the button as useful as is can be.
AN5325NFY5F0.jpg
U981A1X6DWUM.jpg
756CRQBI5MI5.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Just another thought about this - If this button will become detectible in 3rd party apps (onclick), users could use another app to assign a task to it. This could work as one of Smart Key's actions. Regardless, I'd still like to use it with Tasker. Anyhow. There are many easy ways to do that.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We didn't want to have flashlight as single click since it can drain your battery before you notice that you turned it on by mistake.
ColorSage

Just another thought about this - If this button will become detectible in 3rd party apps (onclick), users could use another app to assign a task to it. This could work as one of Smart Key's actions. Regardless, I'd still like to use it with Tasker. Anyhow. There are many easy ways to do that.

View post
We will think about this suggestion. Thanks!

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

We didn't want to have flashlight as single click since it can drain your battery before you notice that you turned it on by mistake.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26607#Comment_26607

View post
Another vote here for longpress to turn on flashlight. Could also give the option to auto turn off the flashlight after a few minutes for any accidental turning on (or forgetting to turn off).

prashanth
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26607#Comment_26607

View post
I agree with you

simondedman
Star III
Any update on this @Anders_ASUS ?
I'm looking to try out Wichaya's camera app (can't post link) but because I have the smart button setup to open the default camera app, and I can't change it, I never remember to try out the new app. Would be lovely to be able to use it more flexibly. Please could you nudge the dev team again, it's been ages and there are a fair few people who've taken the time to hunt down these threads and ask for this (so presumably there are tons more people who'd like it but can't be bothered or don't know how to file bug reports). Cheers!