This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need of Native Email Client !!

Not applicable
Hi Asus Developers !!
I have used Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, BlackBerry Android, and they all have native email client by default, why not on Asus devices? It is ridiculous to not have native email client on a smartphone. The third party apps that I used are either riddled with ads, heavy or charges exorbitantly for using Pro Version e.g AquaMail. I'm sure your answer would be: Why not use Gmail? It is not the answer as I use it as my phone ID alone. I could have bought AquaMail but I haven't because they are supposed to be the main feature of a smartphone experience !!
Somewhere in the midst of specs-sheet competition & multi-media playing capabilities - you have lost the whole purpose of building a proper smartphone.
Therefore, I urge you to kindly develop a native email client if you are here for the long run - not everyone is fond of forced trash Google bloatware. Personally, I have disable most of the Google apps and bought several apps to suit my needs.
Hoping you read this thread and take this into utmost consideration.
Asus fan.
22 REPLIES 22

Not applicable
This doesn't help and I'm not going to sideload some app which might compromise with the security. Not that I'm an important person but I dont wanna risk anything. Moreover, I will have to manually look for an update every time. You know the drill!! You have tried to help but no real help.
I would appreciate only if you escalate this matter to the developers, after all this is a genuine request which every smartphone should be having.

_jis_
Zen Master III
@KarmaGunz
I have used Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, BlackBerry Android, and they all have native email client by default, why not on Asus devices? It is ridiculous to not have native email client on a smartphone.
Why not Asus? Because it has nearly stock Android, like Google Nexuses in past and Google Pixels or Android One phones now.
Therefore, I urge you to kindly develop a native email client if you are here for the long run - not everyone is fond of forced trash Google bloatware. Personally, I have disable most of the Google apps and bought several apps to suit my needs.
Then it is clear that Google Pixels, Android One phones or Asus ZenFone 6 are not phones for you, who is preferring heavily skinned phones before pure Google experience.
I am from the opposite camp with my choice, I am extremely satisfied and of course I studied in advance what Asus ZenFone 6 entails.

Not applicable
sixth_pr1m3

Try this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.readdle.spark

View post
Thanks for the suggestion. Guess I'll have to reinstall this again. Sure, this is the death of Asus for me after this phone.

Not applicable
_jis_

@KarmaGunz

I have used Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, BlackBerry Android, and they all have native email client by default, why not on Asus devices? It is ridiculous to not have native email client on a smartphone.

Why not Asus? Because it has nearly stock Android, like Google Nexuses in past and Google Pixels or Android One phones now.

Then it is clear that Google Pixels, Android One phones or Asus ZenFone 6 are not phones for you, who is preferring heavily skinned phones before pure Google experience.

I am from the opposite camp with my choice, I am extremely satisfied and of course I studied in advance what Asus ZenFone 6 entails.

View post
You are the definition of a legit asshole!! Go write your stupid arguement about pureness of Google Stock android feel elsewhere. If you are a Google fanboy then you should have gotten yourself a Pixel device.
I'm no brand loyalist, I buy what is worth for my moolah, idiot !! Just because I use Windows doesn't mean I'll have to buy Surface series by Microsoft.