This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 6z Bluetooth issue after android 10 update

Parth
Star II
So I've been using Bluetooth 5 aptx earphones since the phone was on Android 9 and after the update the earphones don't connect properly. After seeing the developer settings I realized the phone isn't connecting on aptx but instead standard profiles and other codecs get disabled.also the phone connects to both true wireless earpieces separately on mono mode instead of stereo and no matter what it won't change back to stereo.
Can anyone confirm/solve this issue?
24 REPLIES 24

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I don't know what to say. This is the first post that I've seen where someone says their bluetooth device stopped working with Android 10.
Have you tried other bluetooth devices?

couselm
Star I
I also just updated to android 10. I can't connect bluetooth headphones too. I am using Anker sound buds and they work with my laptop and tablet, but don't work on my phone.

cornelis
Star III
I just bought a new pair of Philips UpBeat Shb2505bk/10 and they can't connect to my phone. I thought there was an issue with the earbuds but they simply connect to my iPad without any hassle. When I press pair in Bluetooth the phone waits for a while before giving me the message "Can't communicate with Philips Shb2505bk". Please work to find the issue and resolve it in a fota.

I have exact same problem i.e no matter what, it just won't connect in Stereo mode, both connect in mono mode. Headset is Lennova HT10 which uses APTX. Same headset is able to connect successfully in stereo mode on PC & other devices like One plus 6 & 7. This definitely broke in last last recent update and is very annoying. I have tried rebooting, resetting headset etc but it still won't connect. Asus screwed it big time and needs to fix this asap

DeepakMishu
Star II
Today one fota update came but I think Asus still not able to solve the Bluetooth issue. What Asus is doing I don't know.