This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location not working without wifi on

vicky_rocky96
Star I
Using Rog 2 Indian Unit 8+128... As I have noticied, the device couldn't get the location even when the location services turned on.. It works only when the WiFi is turned on.. Though am connected to mobile data..
Here am showing u this with swiggy app... This is the case with all the apps..
In pic 1 where the WiFi is Turned off.. Even though the location service and mobile data turned on.. It forces me to turn on the wifi for getting the location..
In pic 2 where the wifi is turned on... It shows my location only when the WiFi is turned on.. (though am not connected to any wifi) why it doesn't use the mobile data and GPS it get my location.. Y it asks for WiFi...
I cross checked with my Samsung S10 this is not the case in it... The device can get my location even without turning in wifi.. Just with GPS and mobile data itself....
Is anyone facing the same issue??
POS4X3LPPL1L.jpg
S0RKSRTOJN3I.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

vicky_rocky96
Star I
LP_ASUS

In the first picture, what happens if you select "No thanks"? It won't show you location data unless you hit "OK"?

View post
If u hit "No thanks" it won't show ur location... If u hit OK.. The same dialog box pop-ups up repeatedly unless we turn on the WiFi manually (even without connecting to any network) it doesn't stop..

vicky_rocky96
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12470/location-not-working-without-wifi-on

It's asking you to turn on WiFi scanning service. Not the WiFi. My guess is that you have this already activated on your Samsung. What WiFi scanning does is that you allow apps to use your WiFi for location triangulation even though it's not activated. You can find this setting in settings -> Security & lock screen -> Location -> Scanning

View post
Yup wifi scanning is Turned on... But no use.... Without turning on wifi manually

mamayankag
Rising Star I
From the 3-4 Food ordering Apps that I have, this issue was replicable only for Swiggy. Tried on Zomato, and was working, tried Dunzo, was working. Uber Eats didn't have aN option to fetch location using Location services (either had to select past address or search for an address)

Could be an issue with the Swiggy app itself.

anutri300588
Star I
I am facing exactly same issue

ywitch
Star III
me too cannot detect my location