This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mic on call

mosimchah
Rising Star I
On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call
@Anders_ASUS

51 REPLIES 51

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

I'm thinking that a factory reset is your best option. If you have a spare phone around, try using Swift. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.swiftapps.swiftbackup&hl=en_US

It does a wireless transfer between two devices on the same network, and is a quick way to save your call logs and all the painful stuff to reload after a reset.

Android 10 must have borked something with your devices, but we know it isn't software if all three of you were operating correctly before 10.

View post
I just tried a factory reset as you suggested and it works exactly the same (meaning incorrectly as above). Needs a fix.

Yuntian
Star III
I have reported this bug in XDA and it affects .63 as well. The workaround is to turn on the speaker and turn off. You can do this with voicemail. Have to apply this workaround after rebooting.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Yuntian

I have reported this bug in XDA and it affects .63 as well. The workaround is to turn on the speaker and turn off. You can do this with voicemail. Have to apply this workaround after rebooting.

View post
That's a much easier work around. So simply make a call then after the person answers toggle the speakerphone on then off again and it works? (Edit - yes it works and is much easier than the Bluetooth method)

Yuntian
Star III
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27731#Comment_27731

That's a much easier work around. So simply make a call then after the person answers toggle the speakerphone on then off again and it works? (Edit - yes it works and is much easier than the Bluetooth method)

View post
That's correct.