This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mic on call

mosimchah
Rising Star I
On the latest android 10 build (WW_17.1810.1910.68) the other side can't hear me on phone calls unless if I use a headset with a seperate mic, the built-in mic in the phone works though in the camera app and the recorder app, this is after a factory data reset and a reboot doesn't fix it, the same issue happens if I use the tmobile digits app instead of the asus dialer app by the way, I don't want to have to carry a headset with me at all times in order to be able to make a phone call
@Anders_ASUS

51 REPLIES 51

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Edit - later posts reveal an easier fix. Toggle on then off the speakerphone during a call to fix the mic (until reboot)

Ok found a non-permanent fix it seems (lasts until reboot then needs to be repeated).
Connect to a Bluetooth headset
Make an outgoing call.
Once answered turn off Bluetooth on the phone via the notification shade. The person on the other end should be able to hear you through the phone mic.
Any future outgoing calls won't require Bluetooth, but as I noted above after I rebooted the problem reoccurred and was fixed with the same steps.
I've only played with this for 5 to 10 minutes so I hope this holds up until a firmware fix is found.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
What carrier are you all using? Are you all on T-Mobile?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

What carrier are you all using? Are you all on T-Mobile?

View post
I am on TMobile as well, yes.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm thinking that a factory reset is your best option. If you have a spare phone around, try using Swift. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.swiftapps.swiftbackup&hl=en_US
It does a wireless transfer between two devices on the same network, and is a quick way to save your call logs and all the painful stuff to reload after a reset.
Android 10 must have borked something with your devices, but we know it isn't software if all three of you were operating correctly before 10.

mosimchah
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

I'm thinking that a factory reset is your best option. If you have a spare phone around, try using Swift. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.swiftapps.swiftbackup&hl=en_US

It does a wireless transfer between two devices on the same network, and is a quick way to save your call logs and all the painful stuff to reload after a reset.

Android 10 must have borked something with your devices, but we know it isn't software if all three of you were operating correctly before 10.

View post
I already did a factory data reset though after installing Android 10, and yes I didn't have the issue on pie