This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone performance and bugs after updating to android 10

Revanth
Rising Star I
I have been using android 10 in my Asus 6z from 3-4 days i found few issues and bugs that I'll mention in points

1. Battery consumption has been increased . My phone battery according to my usage i used to get it for 2 days but after updating to android 10 I'm getting it for a day itself.
2. Camera performance also has been changed but i didn't find it that better when compared to android 9.
3. Sometimes my phone takes a while to unlock but it was quite fast when it was in android 9
4. Phone has become little laggy and sometimes notification bar freezes for 3 seconds after locking and unlocking prevents that
5. Earphone which was provided to me in the box also stopped working after updating to android 10 but bluetooth earphones are working good . Wired earphones are not working when i plug in .
And few small bugs are there regarding phone performance please Asus team fix all these issues very soon . Please fix the issue with a good software update
31 REPLIES 31

I'm also experiencing performance issues after the Android 10 update. It's fine just after boot but after a day or two turning on the screen, fingerprint unlock and app switching is slow or unresponsive. Lots of stuttering as well.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
A lot of things happen when updating to a new Android version and there will always be some users that experience weird bug. It's natural to hope that everyone else has the same issue and there's always a good chance that you find a couple of others that reports the same or similar issue.
We can't possibly test for every combination of settings and apps that are out there. The possible combinations are limitless and this is the case for any manufacturer. I would be surprised if there has ever been an update with any phone where there hasn't been one single user complain about new issues/bugs.
So for pretty much all these issues, I recommend to do a factory reset. Yes, I know. it's no fun. But it has to be done for those users that experience issues that isn't shared by everyone. This was very common back in the days when Android was an infant. Back then you had to buy a lottery ticket if you didn't have to reset your phone when upgrading to a new android generation
The slower fingerprint is a Q limitation that we're trying to find a workaround for. I should only happen if you let the screen go to sleep. So either increase your sleep time or set your Screen lock to automatically lock immediately instead of 5 or 15 seconds like most people are using.

prashanth
Rising Star II
johan.appelgren

I'm also experiencing performance issues after the Android 10 update. It's fine just after boot but after a day or two turning on the screen, fingerprint unlock and app switching is slow or unresponsive. Lots of stuttering as well.

View post
Same thing is happening to me... it's not like we can keep on restarting the device

Revanth
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS can we expect any update for this issues?

mosimchah
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

A lot of things happen when updating to a new Android version and there will always be some users that experience weird bug. It's natural to hope that everyone else has the same issue and there's always a good chance that you find a couple of others that reports the same or similar issue.

We can't possibly test for every combination of settings and apps that are out there. The possible combinations are limitless and this is the case for any manufacturer. I would be surprised if there has ever been an update with any phone where there hasn't been one single user complain about new issues/bugs.

So for pretty much all these issues, I recommend to do a factory reset. Yes, I know. it's no fun. But it has to be done for those users that experience issues that isn't shared by everyone. This was very common back in the days when Android was an infant. Back then you had to buy a lottery ticket if you didn't have to reset your phone when upgrading to a new android generation

The slower fingerprint is a Q limitation that we're trying to find a workaround for. I should only happen if you let the screen go to sleep. So either increase your sleep time or set your Screen lock to automatically lock immediately instead of 5 or 15 seconds like most people are using.

View post
Just today the fingerprint stopped working for me, on the lockscreen it said the fingerprint hardware isn't available, and Asus config updater was constantly crashing, a reboot fixed both though, and this is after a factory data reset keep in mind, it seems the system goes completely unstable after a few days without a restart