This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone performance and bugs after updating to android 10

Revanth
Rising Star I
I have been using android 10 in my Asus 6z from 3-4 days i found few issues and bugs that I'll mention in points

1. Battery consumption has been increased . My phone battery according to my usage i used to get it for 2 days but after updating to android 10 I'm getting it for a day itself.
2. Camera performance also has been changed but i didn't find it that better when compared to android 9.
3. Sometimes my phone takes a while to unlock but it was quite fast when it was in android 9
4. Phone has become little laggy and sometimes notification bar freezes for 3 seconds after locking and unlocking prevents that
5. Earphone which was provided to me in the box also stopped working after updating to android 10 but bluetooth earphones are working good . Wired earphones are not working when i plug in .
And few small bugs are there regarding phone performance please Asus team fix all these issues very soon . Please fix the issue with a good software update
31 REPLIES 31

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
Camera rotation performance seems to be better but all other things are worse.

doublem101
Star III
It happened once i wasn't able to unlock the phone. Fingerprint didn't work at all and it didn't accept the PIN. I tried 4 or 5 times and it said PIN was wrong. Had to force shutdown the phone.
However the biggest issue i'm having since i upgraded is a stuttering happening in a interval time. I'm not sure if it's every x seconds or random but it happens a lot of time. With a normal usage it's barely noticiable, but on more intensive tasks it's very very noticiable and very annoying. Like i play a game and every x seconds or maybe it's on more "complex" animations the phone starts to stuttering. It almost freezes for a second or two.
I didn't format the phone after the upgrade, maybe it it turns things better, but it isn't a thing i really like / have time to do right now.
Anyone else with the same issue?
Oh and i almost forgot... I'm not sure it this happened before but i'm almost sure it didn't. When taking a photo on a low light environment, the live view drops the fps a lot.

Not applicable
wai.hon.leong

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12916/phone-performance-and-bugs-after-updating-to-android-10

All on your list are normal after an Asus "update". End users are used as their "open" beta testers.

After a while, there will be so much bugs built up over the many "updates", the phone will become unusable, forcing you to buy a new one.

Best advice with any Asus phones is not to update if it works fine out of the box. Update and you risk breaking your phone.

View post
Another Chinese Xiomi or One+ fan triggered. Get out of Asus forum.

Not applicable
Revanth

I have been using android 10 in my Asus 6z from 3-4 days i found few issues and bugs that I'll mention in points

1. Battery consumption has been increased . My phone battery according to my usage i used to get it for 2 days but after updating to android 10 I'm getting it for a day itself.

2. Camera performance also has been changed but i didn't find it that better when compared to android 9.

3. Sometimes my phone takes a while to unlock but it was quite fast when it was in android 9

4. Phone has become little laggy and sometimes notification bar freezes for 3 seconds after locking and unlocking prevents that

5. Earphone which was provided to me in the box also stopped working after updating to android 10 but bluetooth earphones are working good . Wired earphones are not working when i plug in .

And few small bugs are there regarding phone performance please Asus team fix all these issues very soon . Please fix the issue with a good software update

Phone performance and bugs after updating to android 10
Try with factory resetting the phone that's a lot to ask though. But, it should work.

pkc392
Star I
I'm also having issue after Android 10 update, lots of bug and too laggy. And also phone shut down and restart automatically