This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importance of aircooler/ temperature limit

moly
Star I
1. is it necessary to attach the aircooler if we play for long hours especially in hot country like philippines?
2. what will happen if the cooler is not attach if playing for long hours and while charging?
3. please tell us the borderline of temperature (in celsius) for us to know and avoid so that when we see that temp level we will stop right away and let our phone rest?
thank you hope you give us answers to be able to prolong the life span of our beloved beast phone
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mamayankag
Rising Star I
You need not worry about temperatures. Since long smartphones are able to throttle down the device if high'temperature detected and same is the case with ROG 2. While playing games specifically, if you are very concerned about high temperatures then you may set a low temperature limit for the game inside the Armory Crate.

The device does feel hot after some long continuous usage but will cool down fast equally if you let it rest, especially while gaming but the Phone is built to last such temperatures.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mamayankag
Rising Star I
You need not worry about temperatures. Since long smartphones are able to throttle down the device if high'temperature detected and same is the case with ROG 2. While playing games specifically, if you are very concerned about high temperatures then you may set a low temperature limit for the game inside the Armory Crate.

The device does feel hot after some long continuous usage but will cool down fast equally if you let it rest, especially while gaming but the Phone is built to last such temperatures.

OPC
Zen Master II
I play Asphalt 9 sometimes for several hours. Without the air cooler attached the phone will heat up fast to 45 deg. C. The max I experienced was 46 deg. C. I always play in X mode with performance set to max and screen at 90 Hz as Asphalt cannot go beyond 62-64 fps. The air cooler is keeping the temperature steady at 41 deg. C. This can go for hours. It reduces temperature by 4 to 5 deg. C. Besides it blows the air to my fingers, which makes playing much more comfortable. So a definite recommendation for the cooler.