This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lock broken after Android 10 update

john_kissane
Star III
Hello, looks like Smart Lock has some problems since the update to Android 10. My phone no longer stays unlocked when I'm at home or work & appears that the onbody detection isn't working either.
Can anyone confirm if this just my phone or a general bug?
27 REPLIES 27

GFX
Rising Star I
Working perfectly on my device with Android 10.
One thing to check is the new location permissions, make sure that Google Play Services are allowed to access location at all times and not only when in use.

john_kissane
Star III
I don't see anyway to deny/allow it access to the location as Google Play Services doesn't show in the location permissions. Worked ok prior to the Android 10 update, same thing was reported by a Z6 user on a local forum as well when I asked:
Yea now that you say it, all my smart lock places are not working and the Bluetooth auto load are out too (car starts up, maps loads on connection)

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
john.kissane

I don't see anyway to deny/allow it access to the location as Google Play Services doesn't show in the location permissions. Worked ok prior to the Android 10 update, same thing was reported by a Z6 user on a local forum as well when I asked:

Yea now that you say it, all my smart lock places are not working and the Bluetooth auto load are out too (car starts up, maps loads on connection)

View post
I would recommend removing and re-adding your desired locations. When I changed Android phones, it remembered some devices/locations and forgot others, and has had no issues after I manually re-entered Smart Lock info.

GFX
Rising Star I
6DU458JSSXD8.png
It shows up when you select "show system" in the overflow menu.