Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 needs to improve.

carlsmad04
Star II
These are just the things I need ASUS to improve on future software updates:
*Brightness
-The lowest brightness is still too bright on night please lower it.
*Gestures
-Add Oneplus like gesture navigation other than the stock gesture navigation because some apps have the so called Hamburger Menu and that conflicts on the swipe from right/left to back gesture of the stock navigation.
-Three finger swipe gesture to screenshot.
-Add a gesture to switch to previous app when using gesture navigation.
*RGB is just random when playing music (not in sync with the music).
*Camera. I know they can improve it more specially in ultrawide camera if we compare the angle of the stock cam and GCAM mod.
*App lock (security for individual app)
*Facebook live streaming on Game Genie.
*Statusbar Icon
-Remove battery icon when you have battery percentage so that it can't take so much space on the status bar.
-Instead of just the bluetooth icon on statusbar when your connected to a device, replace it with an icon of the battery level of the device which it is connected to.
*Make more levels on the vibration intensity because right now, there's only 3 levels

Hope ASUS can implement this on future updates. Cheers mate.
49 REPLIES 49

dagnelino
Star II
what I'd like to see implemented, enhanced:

-Led front RGB settable in color, and for duration per single app.
-AOD at present is impractical. Notifications of all the apps and they can be interactive, as well as on Samsung.
- Better 960fps camera for night mode and slow motion, the hardware can easily manage it. 4k 60fps for both rear cameras.
-Shortcut for app lock in settings. Using nova and to use it, I have to reopen the stock launcher and change them from there, not pratical.
- More customizable management. Now I use Fluid Navigation, I find myself better than with those stocks
-Customization of the icons in the status bar (signal, wifi, bt [maybe with battery level] etc ...)
- Icons contacts in the address book, in the new ZenUi has been removed, too bad, now the address book is a list of names not very pleasing to the eye.
- More customization for the lock screen: watch position, size and type.
-Switch in quick toggles to modify the data sim used.
That's enough for the moment this smartphone is truly exceptional ?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
staradhish

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26888#Comment_26888

I don't have that option, I am using Indian version. Which version are you using?

YZU69UB81IM2.jpg

View post
Oh btw I'm on the Zenfone 5z (running android 10 beta)
Maybe it's implemented in Zen UI 6 based on android 10?
Maybe try Asus theme store in the meantime

mikit67480
Star I
What about a feature who asks us how to recharge the phone when a power source is plugged in? ( like just maintain the charge, or charge till x hour, or charge as fast as possible). Because the battery manager thing is pretty fiddely (it would be much simpler to just plug the cord and say till when it is supposed to charge)
Caméra app needs a rework too (is there any way to use air trigger to....well trigger the picture?) so the volume buttons can properly be used for the zoom. Is there any possibility to go over 9MP in 16:9 ? Because let's be honnest, it is the most used screen format (the 48MP in 4:3 seems a rip off to me ^^)
I love the Light Luminous Core theme icons, but i like the classic theme menus (especially in dark mode) is there any way to have the best of both world? (without having to compile my own theme)
I would love to have a notepad app natively
Is there a way to customise the lockscreen? (modify/remove the clock, hide the status bar,...)

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26900#Comment_26900

Oh btw I'm on the Zenfone 5z (running android 10 beta)

Maybe it's implemented in Zen UI 6 based on android 10?

Maybe try Asus theme store in the meantime

View post
You're in ROG forum :). This way work for me. Most icon app from play store will work.

deep1
Star II
Hi.
I'm using last software: 1910.35. Although phone is locked I have full access to Quick Settings Tiles.
E59BA1DYMWHK.jpg
I think it shouldn't be possible to drag down status bar and RUN any of major security functions, for example turn on/off: airplane mode, WiFi or mobile data!
It's a bug, right? If not... thieves would be pleased. ?

Further, 2 things which I miss in ROG phone:
customizable LONG PRESS back button; for example: KILL foreground (active) app
Always-on Panel SCHEDULE (while I'm sleeping I would like it to be turned off, like in Do not disturb)