This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 6z Bluetooth issue after android 10 update

Parth
Star II
So I've been using Bluetooth 5 aptx earphones since the phone was on Android 9 and after the update the earphones don't connect properly. After seeing the developer settings I realized the phone isn't connecting on aptx but instead standard profiles and other codecs get disabled.also the phone connects to both true wireless earpieces separately on mono mode instead of stereo and no matter what it won't change back to stereo.
Can anyone confirm/solve this issue?
24 REPLIES 24

Parth
Star II
Ishan

I had this issue when I was on Android 9. I rebooted the device to safe mode then connected my headphones which worked fine for me. And then I started the device again and tried connecting the headphones and it worked perfectly fine! Try it if you haven't already!!

View post
Tried using safe mode but the same behavior persists. I think the problem is that no matter what I do in Dev options the Bluetooth sticks to best effort instead of any other option and disables optional codecs.mono mode as well.the earphones work but connects to both of them separately and the commands don't work properly now. Even tried resetting the network settings,safe mode. How to report this bug?

cobben
Rising Star I
I had the problem of the earbuds connecting separately with my new Zenear BT.
It is not a problem with the phone.
The right one should pair with the left one first, and then only the left one pairs with the phone.
To get them to work correctly I had to reset them both at same time.
How you do that depends on your earbuds, and some brands do this left to right I read.

Parth
Star II
cobben

I had the problem of the earbuds connecting separately with my new Zenear BT.

It is not a problem with the phone.

The right one should pair with the left one first, and then only the left one pairs with the phone.

To get them to work correctly I had to reset them both at same time.

How you do that depends on your earbuds, and some brands do this left to right I read.

View post
Ive done that already.as I said it connected properly on Android 9. Even if it connects separately it should use aptx. Why is it not using aptx?

cobben
Rising Star I
Parth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26525#Comment_26525

Ive done that already.as I said it connected properly on Android 9. Even if it connects separately it should use aptx. Why is it not using aptx?

View post

No idea as to aptx, mine use only SBC or AAC,.
AAC works well, but had to choose it in developer settings first.

Parth
Star II
cobben

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26547#Comment_26547

No idea as to aptx, mine use only SBC or AAC,.

AAC works well, but had to choose it in developer settings first.

View post
Tried the earphones on a 6z with android 9 and they connected properly. Their audio improvements in android 10 broke aptx and stereo mode. Are these moderated? How to report the bug? It's kinda a big issue if aptx and stereo mode doesn't work