This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is killing apps in the background.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
My phone is killing apps in the background.
Screen on time is not updating.
Please help!
LZD2GQ3Q8VH9.png
ZFIS3B5Z5CZI.png

20 REPLIES 20

shiv1g
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

What about now with Android Q?

View post
In Android 10 if I'm downloading videos and images in WhatsApp and then clear the app in the recents apps the downloading stops immediately. This didn't happened in the pie.
Background networks are turned on for the app. No battery saver is turned on. Don't optimize is turned on. Adaptive battery is turned off.

shiv1g
Rising Star I
shiv1g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26323#Comment_26323

In Android 10 if I'm downloading videos and images in WhatsApp and then clear the app in the recents apps the downloading stops immediately. This didn't happened in the pie.

Background networks are turned on for the app. No battery saver is turned on. Don't optimize is turned on. Adaptive battery is turned off.

View post
Forgot to mention.
I'm able to receive messages like normal even if i remove the app from recents.

Rustylord
Rising Star II
I'm not getting notifications from youtube. Then what's the point in subscribing channels.??@Anders_ASUS

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
shiv1g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26323#Comment_26323

View post
I tried sending images, PDFs and smaller files from my ROG Phone II to my ZenFone 6 via whatsapp (both on WiFi) and killed whatsapp on ZenFone 6 once I saw the automatic download. When I started whatsapp again, they were all already downloaded. I tried the same with a 90mb video and then it had to be downloaded once I started whatsapp after it had been killed but it took only 2 seconds to download so I'm not sure if it was already downloaded but it feels like this is as intended. Are you sure it's not the whatsapp developer that has changed how file transfer works. Why do you need to kill whatsapp?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
nishaanth5000

I'm not getting notifications from youtube. Then what's the point in subscribing channels.??@Anders_ASUS

View post
maybe it's not allowed to auto-start in our auto-start manager which can be found in system -> battery -> powermaster