This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is update of Android 10 risky?

durv1503
Star II
I just received notification about ota update in my device.
But i visit this forum everyday and there are many subjects about phone not working properly after android 10 update
Also many are telling that they've caused motherboard malfunction.
Should l update my device?
14 REPLIES 14

Grayfader
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26221#Comment_26221

It works!

View post
just updated to .68 and still doesn't work. Can me ask for serial number check or something?

vlasta_vasicek
Rising Star I
I was very worried about the update. Yesterday the update was OK, everything was working. Errors reported by my colleagues from India are not on my mobile. EU software version.

bilek_tomasek
Star II
bilek.tomasek

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26265#Comment_26265

I does not work for me. It says my device is not certificated. I am in Czech Republic.

View post
Now GPay works for me. Super!

kalmah
Rising Star I
I would like to update too, but I have a phone with a cracked display in the repair and the repair takes 6 weeks and they are not able to tell me when it will be - it's crazy

_jis_
Zen Master III
durv1503

I just received notification about ota update in my device.

But i visit this forum everyday and there are many subjects about phone not working properly after android 10 update

Also many are telling that they've caused motherboard malfunction.

Should l update my device?

Is update of Android 10 risky?
Many of those posts are misleading for various reasons, users here
often rush the report issue without restarting the phone at least once, or wait at least one day for the system to settle
doesn't mention any context, for example that they had root and various system modifications
the changes Google made to Android 10 are understood as errors and not features and they often blame Asus for that, how insane...
many posts are negative here, because the one who has a problem will write here, while the one who has no problem, so mostly do not write
many users pushed for the fastest release of Android 10 here and when Asus release it, then they are angry that it still contains various minor issues, which will of course be gradually removed, but the same applies to all other phones