This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The display in dark mode are not purely dark

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Hello @Anders_ASUS please check with your developer the display in dark mode are not much dark like other Amoled panel (OnePlus 7t) .If it can be improve by software update then please push in the next update.
11 REPLIES 11

yamvmax
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Are you saying that the color it's not totally black or that the display is too bright?

View post
Dark mode has some black elements, and some grey. It actually doesn't make sense. Either make it all black, or all grey.

yamvmax
Star III

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Abhinav

Actually what I think is the display refresh rate is 120hz that is why the screen is not pure black.

I mean a normal 60hz OLED panel can Turn On and Off 60 times a second not more than that. But ROG 2 display can refresh, turn on or off 120 times a second this fast speed could cause pixels to burn. That is why the OLED panel which Is used in ROG 2 don't shuts off it's pixels fully (in order to avoid pixel burn).

I hope you understood the whole concept.

View post
Everything could be acceptable but providing an OLED panel & not able to shut all pixel off in dark mode doesn't make any sense than a LCD display of same resolution.

Subhendu
Rising Star I
I think this is completely excuses as I can see the op 7t /pro all are at 90hz dark mode are purely dark.You will even find alot of difference at 90 hz from both the display

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Subhendu

I think this is completely excuses as I can see the op 7t /pro all are at 90hz dark mode are purely dark.You will even find alot of difference at 90 hz from both the display

View post