This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mess!

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
I bought the 30th anniversary edition and I had to change it because the GPS has a 20-meter displacement of reality. The new phone presents the same problem, but ASUS Spain says that it does not know this problem.
MH8QHWC3JPGJ.jpg
Is it possible to fix the problem or do I return the phone?
82 REPLIES 82

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
Hello,
I guess it can be a problem just from the 30th anniversary edition. It may also be that most people do not look at the accuracy of the position shown by the GPS, in addition to improving Google's location accuracy, the problem is partially corrected.
As I mentioned earlier I have tried it with the factory telephone, without any external application. With the latest firmware version available at all times, and also with all preinstalled applications completely updated.
I have been able to verify that users of the normal edition do not have this problem, so I do not doubt that there may be a hardware problem, they also have the same version of the GPS firmware (M3.6.17.32-Kirin_770033) and they are also in Spain, with no problems in showing the actual position.
Regards.

cobben
Rising Star I
My Z6 30E is still working fine.
I have the same GPS hardware version
I get an average "Error" of under 3m. just now with the GPSTest app, less than with my old Xiaomi (4.3m).
Whatever that means (in SE Sweden).
I did get rid of the Chinese flipcase with the strong magnets.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
In the first message you can see a capture of that application. The red balloon is the authentic position of the device. The blue dot is the position that indicates the GPS as authentic. The blue area is the precision zone estimated by harware. And as you can see there are 22 meters of difference between reality and the authentic position according to the GPS.
I have tried in other places, and the error is not always in the same direction (north, south, east, west), but it is a distance of about 20 meters.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
In the first message you can see a capture of that application. The red balloon is the authentic position of the device. The blue dot is the position that indicates the GPS as authentic. The blue area is the precision zone estimated by hardware. And as you can see there are 22 meters of difference between reality and the authentic position according to the GPS.
I have tried in other places, and the error is not always in the same direction (north, south, east, west), but it is a distance of about 20 meters.
Is there another application that does not use Google Maps to perform another test?

cobben
Rising Star I
Herr is mine done just now.
It starts out with an "Error"of 5-6m., and after 10 minutes or so gets down under 3m.
My error in fixing my actual location might be 1m. or more.
XEEC8LPUCUT5.jpg