This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot allowed devices

OPC
Zen Master II
Testing the WiFi hotspot with my MacBook Pro the connection was instant. Everything worked flawlessly.
Selecting the option "Allowed devices only" it was not possible to add new device. Tapping on the option "Add devices to this list" nothing happens. That is the case with both my MacBook connected and disconnected as well. If connected selecting the "Allowed devices only" option the MacBook disconnects immediately.
The option to add devices is in white colour and thus available. But it doesn't react on tapping.
Bluetooth tethering also works flawlessly.
10 REPLIES 10

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
OPC

Rog 2 is the perfect phone in every way. Flat screen, front facing speakers with amazing sound, headphone jack with DAC (I have wired audiophile headphones which I don't want to give up and I get amazing sound considering it's a phone), small bezels and no notches (I have been playing around with Note 10 and as much as the screen is beautiful, there is no way to hold it that my fingers don't cover a portion of the screen. Also I tried playing games on and that punch hole just ruins the experience), amazing battery, 120 Hz refresh rate, great camera in manual mode which give me great results (the hardware is there and the software can always be polished up). So please keep up the good work and don't fall under trends of bezel less and jack-less fashion. Please zoom in and check the sharpness of this photo in 48mp mode.

TFGF9C62KBC7.jpg

View post
Well Said. I dont like notch phones and phones doesn't have headphone jack. Having small bezel like Rog 2 is good for landscape apps and games. We have some bugs which frustrate some users and that can be rectified by ASUS developers. Overall, Rog 2 design is great with good hardware. Keep it up ASUS.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
OPC

Testing the WiFi hotspot with my MacBook Pro the connection was instant. Everything worked flawlessly.

Selecting the option "Allowed devices only" it was not possible to add new device. Tapping on the option "Add devices to this list" nothing happens. That is the case with both my MacBook connected and disconnected as well. If connected selecting the "Allowed devices only" option the MacBook disconnects immediately.

The option to add devices is in white colour and thus available. But it doesn't react on tapping.

Bluetooth tethering also works flawlessly.

Hotspot allowed devices
I don't know if you have already cracked it yourself but you're supposed to press Wi-Fi hotspot users to add devices. Maybe not the best UI design but it's not a bug. We have forwarded this to our devs.
Thanks!

OPC
Zen Master II
Thanks Anders_ASUS! I didn't find it myself. But now it works. I suggest tapping the "add devices to this list" opens the window "WiFi hotspot users" and lists devices that are visible but not yet added.
And I like the UI design in general. Much more straightforward than for example Samsung. That was my first Android phone after iOS and I was so confused with options overlapping between Samsung and Google that almost got back to iPhone. Here the transition would be much more simple. Rog gives me no nonsense straight forward experience which is good. I know it's not ethical talking about other brands, but I believe if you know exactly what I mean you can understand better.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
@OPC , the software team just let me know this issue should be fixed in the next FOTA. If you'd like, please test on your setup and verify that we resolved this for you.

OPC
Zen Master II
Ok I am waiting for the new update. I expect it any day now.