This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification issues and more

charliesking88
Star II
Hi, I was very disappointed to see my brand new $850 phone is not able to download Netflix, nor does it show notifications on the lockscreen. I also cannot get system lighting working. wow. I've read you have to enable notifications individually per app, but all notifications are enabled for the apps that aren't showing on lockscreen. Any help or news appreciated ?
13 REPLIES 13

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm looking for the build number. For example, my unit is on the WW (worldwide) firmware, version 1908.189. The last digits are the most important ones, the true build name is much longer.
Be aware that a Tencent model phone with WW firmware is not an officially supported configuration. We cannot guarantee software compatibility, it was designed NOT to work with Google. If you are still within the return window, I recommend contacting your reseller for a refund.

charliesking88
Star II
LP_ASUS

I'm looking for the build number. For example, my unit is on the WW (worldwide) firmware, version 1908.189. The last digits are the most important ones, the true build name is much longer.

Be aware that a Tencent model phone with WW firmware is not an officially supported configuration. We cannot guarantee software compatibility, it was designed NOT to work with Google. If you are still within the return window, I recommend contacting your reseller for a refund.

View post
Oh ok. Would you recommend changing firmware or should I just refund? If changing firmware is a viable option, which should I go with? I'm in Australia if that helps. here's my build number.
C9I1R6IAA4JW.jpg

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
charliesking88

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/25285#Comment_25285

Oh ok. Would you recommend changing firmware or should I just refund? If changing firmware is a viable option, which should I go with? I'm in Australia if that helps. here's my build number.

C9I1R6IAA4JW.jpg

View post
I HIGHLY recommend getting a refund. Your phone will likely have software stability issues in the future, especially if you try to upgrade to Android 10. If a refund/return is still an option I encourage you to pursue that immediately.
If anything goes wrong with this particular phone, we really can't help you. If you get one zoned for your region, you'll have warranty protection and software support.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Since you asked, I should clarify that changing firmware is not a viable option from WW to CN. The risk of bricking the device is too high.

OPC
Zen Master II
My phone, the international version bought in the USA, came with Netflix preinstalled and everything is running normally. Netflix, notifications, battery, air triggers, whatever. In general my phone runs great and I am very satisfied.
I almost bought the Tencent version myself. Luckily I was digging deeper on the net and discovered the phone would be more or less useless for me. But isn't it a kind of fraud when Chinese vendors offer it from "the central European warehouse, no import duties to be paid"? It's a very tempting offer. That can mislead many to believe everything is in order. That can lead to many unsatisfied customers which Asus definitely doesn't want. People are satisfied to have 8/128 option and are happy with the price. They go for it trusting everything would be fine. There are videos on YouTube showing how to install international software, assuring everything is fine. But it turns out it's not fine.