This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
alfred7209

El mío lo compre en Gearbest...estos traen este problema ????

View post
Can you show me a picture of the back of your phone? The Tencent logo is on the exterior. I also need to see what firmware you're running.
leomakhubele

Hi, I also have the same issue where OTA and android play store are not certified. But when I check the serial number against ASUS registration the device is successful. I'm also getting CTS capabilities failures. See screenshots for reference. I reached out to the supplier to find out how to fix this or provide a proper solution to this.

C93CV2V6H79Y.jpg

80CN9BPQ71M9.jpg

View post
You're running WW firmware with a Tencent phone? The official recommendation is to return the phone to your reseller and purchase a WW model. The hardware inside is different, and that phone was never intended to be used outside of China. We can't guarantee any support or stability for that configuration in the future.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
meeyee64

Hi, I just got the phone from local reseller, it is a tencent edition with 'global rom', the phone's hotspot cannot be connected, 4g cell to h+ while my oneplus 6 on same carrier get 4g(maybe because of carrier, idk) , reseller has no return policy. What can I do?

*edit: the phone came in a sealed box.

4MENFO30SX1R.jpg

View post
That is a conversation to have with your reseller. I realize that you stated that they have a "no returns" policy, but this is not an official configuration and you will not see any official support for it. Please explain to them that they did not sell you a working product. This is not a normal return.

alfred7209
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24717#Comment_24717

Can you show me a picture of the back of your phone? The Tencent logo is on the exterior. I also need to see what firmware you're running.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24879#Comment_24879

You're running WW firmware with a Tencent phone? The official recommendation is to return the phone to your reseller and purchase a WW model. The hardware inside is different, and that phone was never intended to be used outside of China. We can't guarantee any support or stability for that configuration in the future.

View post
8OUZDJ9VFMBU.jpg
Comprado en Gearbest ...caja sellada ...mi pregunta es recibirá actualizaciones ???

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
alfred7209

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/25220#Comment_25220

8OUZDJ9VFMBU.jpg

Comprado en Gearbest ...caja sellada ...mi pregunta es recibirá actualizaciones ???

View post
I don't understand your issue. Please create a new thread and try to use English if you can, it will make it easier for the forum users to help you.

alfred7209
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26081#Comment_26081

I don't understand your issue. Please create a new thread and try to use English if you can, it will make it easier for the forum users to help you.

View post
My question is is this version of ROM getting updated? The phone was factory sealed ... it was never opened to put some ROM