This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 1 .... abandoned .... should expect the same for ROG 2

wendingdelonghu
Star III
I know this is the wrong forum, but your entire user base of your first phone feels abandoned. First you said Q3, then you said end of October. We are still running a 2 year old OS on a phone that cost us 900+ USD. What gives? What the hell are you doing , ASUS ? Customer loyalty and support can go to hell, this is what your attitude tells us. Absolutely horrendous 'flagship' experience.
NEVER again. Hell, Im staying away from your computer stuff too.
Jesus.
35 REPLIES 35

yamvmax
Star III
ram4ufriends

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24680#Comment_24680

Not asking exact ETA, but is it expected in Q1 2020 or by end of 2019?

View post
Don't hold your breath

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We fully understand your frustration. I promise there has been a lot of frustration internally as well. But it's getting better.
What I can say it that we're currently working on Pie for ROG Phone and it should be released soon. It's not laying on a dusty shelf. Wheels are in motion.
ROG Phone II will get Android 10 and it won't take long. Hang in there

wendingdelonghu
Star III
Anders_ASUS

We fully understand your frustration. I promise there has been a lot of frustration internally as well. But it's getting better.

What I can say it that we're currently working on Pie for ROG Phone and it should be released soon. It's not laying on a dusty shelf. Wheels are in motion.

ROG Phone II will get Android 10 and it won't take long. Hang in there

View post
So I was wondering, since its almost the end of NOVEMBER 2019, where those 'wheels in motion' have reached? You know, just out of curiosity.

wendingdelonghu
Star III
LP_ASUS

I understand both your and OP's frustrations. We're doing everything we can to deliver you the updates you have been waiting for as quickly as possible. In a perfect world we would have delivered this in Q3 as we targeted, but we missed that mark.

View post
How many more marks do you plan on missing?

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ROG Phone (ZS600KL)

【Release Date】

2019/11/28

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Upgraded system to Android P
  2. Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Report Location in Safeguard, weather animation setting, AI charging
  3. Removed the Yandex cloud opetion of File Manager Application
  4. Upgraded Game Center to Armoury Crate with whole new design
  5. Added "Adaptive brightness", "Adaptive Battery", "New notifications", "Status bar icon manager", "Screen recorder", and "Local backup" in Settings
  6. Upgraded Game Genie panel with new design and features
  7. Added Android P "Swipe up on Home button" gesture
  8. Support 24-hour forecast in Weather application
  9. Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, and Weather applications
  10. Redesigned volume control panel following Android P

[191122]ROG Phone ZS600KL_ WW_16.0410.1910.91 (Android P)

Rog 1 got pie