This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling issue

Shreyash
Star III
Hey,so i have been having calling issues and i thought it was because of bad network reception in my area but i went of city and the problem persisted.I rarely get 4g connect and mostly i get h while using data and everytime i try to call the call gets ended sometimes before connecting sometime after ringing once.This is a major problem i am facing please help me out.
11 REPLIES 11

abhimanyu_amish
Rising Star I
Shreyash

Hey i so all those who are asking me regarding my location,I am from India currently in ncr and yes there is a calling problem in my phone .I looked into the setting and it said volte was not activated ,i had a chat with asus peeps and they tried all the troubleshooting but it didnt work and asked me to go to their service center.I will be visting one on 9th nov and keep you posted,but till then i wont suggest you to buy it .I have tried every possible troubleshooting and apn changes and the sim works perfectly in my samsung s9 .

View post
Shreyash thanks. Do keep us posted. Now, pls pay attention. To my impression, if you are on Idea Vodaphone, they have no Volte. If you are on idea Vodafone kindly disable VoLTE on your phone for some time, reboot. And, pls let me know call quality on GSM. Is your Samsung working perfectly on Volte?
Now if you are on Jio or Airtel, somebody has posted that Volte was working on his ROG 2 for Jio, Airtel.
The idea is to isolate the problem.
I have read somewhere that ROG 2 has has volte technology but carrier has to allow that. Perhaps Asus has to pay. However, I am not a technical expert.
I am holding decision to buy ROG 2 512 till then.
Awaiting eagerly to know which is your carrier. And to know quality on GSM from you.
Thank you

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
I'm using jio and i get volte symbol on status bar and no issue with call in india.
0CQ4ZHNNQWE9.jpg

abhimanyu_amish
Rising Star I
sathishinsat2

I'm using jio and i get volte symbol on status bar and no issue with call in india.

0CQ4ZHNNQWE9.jpg

View post
Wow. Glad. Sathishinsat2, how is the call quality on 2d/3g if you switch off? Reception? Also how clear/loud is earpiece on calls (Volte and 2g/3g)?

abhimanyu_amish
Rising Star I
Have idea and Airtel enabled VoLTE for ROG 2?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I have seen ROG Phone II users use VoLTE with Airtel but I'm not sure about Vodafone Idea.