This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickering and Non Responsive Touch

void_prasanjit
Star II
Hi I'm facing a strange issue with my ROG 2. The issue is that randomly my touch become unresponsive and screen starts Flickering from more than 5-20 mins. I'm using so many android phones but this is the first time I'm reporting any issue. I will share 2 screenshots which will help understanding the issue.
1). Unresponsive Touch along with screen Flickering and screen greyout.
2). Long pressing power button does not restarts the phone
Troubleshooting I have done:
1). Fully reset the phone
2). From developer settings turned off hardware overlays
3). Disabled adaptive brightness
4). Tried testing the same in Safe Mode

Even after doing all the troubleshooting the issue persists.
I have also captured videos I can share them if it's required
8 REPLIES 8

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
This sounds/looks like a hardware issue. On the first picture are those horizontal lines an animation, or were they persistent on the screen? I recommend approaching your local ASUS repair center for a screen replacement.

void_prasanjit
Star II
LP_ASUS

This sounds/looks like a hardware issue. On the first picture are those horizontal lines an animation, or were they persistent on the screen? I recommend approaching your local ASUS repair center for a screen replacement.

View post
Yes it seems like a hardware issue and yes about the horizontal lines they randomly starts getting visible on the screen and at the same time touch does not work. I will post the video tomorrow which will clarify the assumptions.

And yes I have visited the service centre too and as this is a new phone they don't have the screen available with them and it may took months to import the screen... I'm really pissed of now... What's the point of wasting so much money If I only get a defective handset along with bunch of software BUGS and unstable UI?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm sorry to hear that the repair center doesn't have any replacement screens on hand to repair your phone. They will be your best bet for a resolution to this issue.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
You could try contacting ASUS support directly. You might have better luck there as some technicians at our ASUS Service Centers don't have the same info as ASUS support.
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs/
https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/?lang=en