This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 1 .... abandoned .... should expect the same for ROG 2

wendingdelonghu
Star III
I know this is the wrong forum, but your entire user base of your first phone feels abandoned. First you said Q3, then you said end of October. We are still running a 2 year old OS on a phone that cost us 900+ USD. What gives? What the hell are you doing , ASUS ? Customer loyalty and support can go to hell, this is what your attitude tells us. Absolutely horrendous 'flagship' experience.
NEVER again. Hell, Im staying away from your computer stuff too.
Jesus.
35 REPLIES 35

jbatista510
Star II
I personally was waiting for the Razer 3 however that doesn't appear to be happening so I got this phone. While it's beautiful, it's buggy AF / no VoLTE or wifi calling. Going to try and return mine with Amazon

ram4ufriends
Star II
jbatista510

I personally was waiting for the Razer 3 however that doesn't appear to be happening so I got this phone. While it's beautiful, it's buggy AF / no VoLTE or wifi calling. Going to try and return mine with Amazon

View post
I understand no VoLTE, but what are the bugs you are talking about? I absolutely loved the software and ofcourse I am selling the phone because of no VoLTE...

wendingdelonghu
Star III
ram4ufriends

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/24379#Comment_24379

I understand no VoLTE, but what are the bugs you are talking about? I absolutely loved the software and ofcourse I am selling the phone because of no VoLTE...

View post
my phone has frequent app crashes and wifi just stops working randomly, I have to switch it off and on again to make it work. Also, recently my cameras stopped working, and the phone wouldn't let my PC read its memory. I put up an RMA request (here in China, with just awful chinese language skills) but anyway, they took 2 weeks and fixed it under warranty. I dont give ASUS credit for it, I have a friend who works at their Shanghai office, she expedited it for me.
Anyway, its the last day of October, and we are already hearing that the mods will announce that its been delayed to end of November. LOL. Such garbage

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
Guys, I feel your pain.... Same issue I have had in the past with Huawei and LG phones. I'll never buy another one of those as a result
IMO, if you have bad feelings now, never touch another ROG phone, buy a OnePlus - but even with them, the older handsets like OP5 and 6, they take a very long time to get updates now - if at all - so most manufacturers are the same IMO...
Asus fill a niche with the ROG series, but with not as good support as some other manufacturers, but all I can say is that my experience so far has been good. I bought the Nth American handset and its been amazing. Regardless of whether it gets stuck on Android 9, or even 10, I'm happy with my purchase as I tend to update/change handsets a few times every year anyways.
I think those saying go Razer, they're no better. They left the market temporarily (waiting for 5G to be mainstream) and the original Razer has only just been updated to Android 9 - and its not without their bugs (game booster).. Nubia and Xiaomi gaming handsets are no better.
I think it's tough to decide what to get. For me if Oneplus released a gaming phone I'd be all over it. While I'm not making excuses for Asus, for me, the ROG 2 experience so far has been bloody awesome ?️

wendingdelonghu
Star III
cheetah2k

Guys, I feel your pain.... Same issue I have had in the past with Huawei and LG phones. I'll never buy another one of those as a result

IMO, if you have bad feelings now, never touch another ROG phone, buy a OnePlus - but even with them, the older handsets like OP5 and 6, they take a very long time to get updates now - if at all - so most manufacturers are the same IMO...

Asus fill a niche with the ROG series, but with not as good support as some other manufacturers, but all I can say is that my experience so far has been good. I bought the Nth American handset and its been amazing. Regardless of whether it gets stuck on Android 9, or even 10, I'm happy with my purchase as I tend to update/change handsets a few times every year anyways.

I think those saying go Razer, they're no better. They left the market temporarily (waiting for 5G to be mainstream) and the original Razer has only just been updated to Android 9 - and its not without their bugs (game booster).. Nubia and Xiaomi gaming handsets are no better.

I think it's tough to decide what to get. For me if Oneplus released a gaming phone I'd be all over it. While I'm not making excuses for Asus, for me, the ROG 2 experience so far has been bloody awesome ?️

View post
I agree with you, but a company like ASUS should not be trying to deceive customers. If its not gonna come, just say so and give reasons. They keep feeding us one lie after another. Unacceptable. I've already spread this in my uni here in China, i'll keep doing it. Word about tech really spreads like wildfire in this country.
Cheers.