This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 6 Pro - How to Disable AudioWizard for better Sound Quality (aptX Adaptive Bluetooth)

Tayan
Star II
I was wondering if there's a way to disable the DIRAC AudioWizard DSP app as it affects audio quality (both via the 3.5mm headphone jack with UM MEST MK2 IEMs and over Bluetooth using aptX Adaptive with my Noble FoKus Pro TWS).

I know for a fact that this app/postprocessing is causing deterioration in sound quality even when left on the "music" preset with default headphones. Please see attached screenshots which includes my settings with developer options as well.

I'm coming from an LG V60 and expected the SoC DAC to be a downgrade with plugged IEMs but it should be identical over Bluetooth since it supports aptX Adaptive (and Lossless at that) - it's just that the AudioWizard is interfering and if I cannot bypass that then I'll have to return the phone as it is a dealbreaker.

Model Name: ROG Phone 6 Pro
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2210.216
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): AudioWizard app and any high-res music streaming such as Tidal HiFi/MQA with Bluetooth aptX Adaptive.

22 REPLIES 22

AndrewMcN
Star III
Snapdragon Sound is a certification of the hardware components in the audio chain. It means nothing in regard to manipulation of the audio. Qualcomm has simply approved of the parts used.
DIRAC is manipulating the audio and ASUS has made it an integral part of its implementation of AOSP.

AndrewMcN
Star III
But coming back to bit perfect… you’d need to be measuring a 16-bit/44.1KHz lossless source track with a receiver featuring aptX Lossless. Otherwise, something being not bit perfect over Bluetooth is totally expected. All other Bluetooth codecs throw data away as par for the course. DIRAC is adjusting the tuning but it’s not changing the data.

pesterevyasha
Rising Star I
Tayan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243482#Comment_243482

I know that using UAPP is a workaround since that's the first thing I tried, it's just that I've always hated the UX/UI and would rather just use the Tidal app as is. Is the 241 update out right now? I factory reset my phone in order to return it next week, maybe I could give it one more try.

View post
New Firmware 241
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/AI2201/UL-ASUS_AI2201-ASUS-32.2810.2212.241-1.1.1-2212-us...

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
Didnt help with new update.

pesterevyasha
Rising Star I
DeLLiAnO

Didnt help with new update.

View post
what's wrong now?