This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not charging while gaming.

Vjy
Star I
Is this an issue? While i play games on my rog phone 2 the battery does not charge at all the % don't increase even after 1-2 hour of gaming it remains same
Is this an issue is this happening with everyone or just me?
11 REPLIES 11

ZT-2837e5ca
Star II
Yea this is very strange even while using phone normally with charging connect charging speed is kinda dead ?? 18 watt charger charge like 1 amp charger while using phone normally too , in game forget it will increase any percentage .. very strange issue asus should look into this while using phone charging not working as it should

dpk
Star II
See many of us are facing the same issue and here is the video link where you can yourself and your team can see this@Anders_ASUS

Deepak_Pratap
Star I
Please check the following steps:
1. Install ASUS Log Tool .
2.Use the default log settings then start to reproduce this error.
3. Share the pics of battery percentage before playing "PUBG".
4. Begin to play PUBG and charging at the same time, when you find the battery decreased (the 18W adapter still connect on phone), please generate the log as below and record the times, such as 2019/10/29, 15:45 got the error! (removed image)
5. Share the all files from "save log" as below thruogh google drive or any cloud storage
6. Share the pics of battery usage as below, from: settings>battery>click the battery icon and you'll get battery usage. (removed image)

steps provided by Asus
try it guys!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sorry about the late reply. It's possible that the charger will lower it's charging due to heat to prevent the phone from CPU throttling.
This may also happen with the 30W charger but it's less likely since it has the charging controller integrated in the charger instead of the phone which results in less heat.
If you have the 18W charger, then there are a couple of things you can do to minimize heat and continue charging at a high enough current to not lose battery capacity while gaming.
Minimize screen brightness
Try and find a cooler environment
In Armoury Crate, go to the games scenario profile and set Temperature control to low (this will throttle the CPU to maintain lower temps)
If step 3 is not enough, then you can try to lower the CPU Hz before you start your game. Most games are GPU dependent so lowing the CPU won't necessarily give lover performance.

bhantepannyacha
Star II
Please help.i am having battery drain problem on my Asus ROG Phone 2. While I charge it showing charging but it's not charging and later on stop of charging. Battery power decreasing down but charging take long time and need to check whether it's stop or not. Please help.