Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

sordeliel
Star III
So refresh rate between 90 and 120 have the same issue, a lighter gray, at 60hz it is on a darker gray.

bwlgt987
Star II
kchinnavigneshraja

Hello guys, Got my replacement unit from Flipkart today and guess what? Red Tint issue is present.!

View post
Bro how did u get replacement? & What did u do with the replacement unit as it also has red tint issue?

OPC
Zen Master II
Averan

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/383/PTWIGSIWJ3M8.mp4

WCXPDKS5EQLQ.jpg

Fyi that's a OP 7T (had to post a comparison to make you guys understand cos you all are continuously cribbing about that tint issue)

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/greenish-tint-on-top-half-of-display.1113616/

(There you go if you want that discussion link and see for yourself)

That phone has worse quality control issues than Rog has now (had a pal having manufacturing defect for his speakers he got his money refunded tho)

Tint isn't even an issue imo

Amoleds are organic in nature and most have some sort of color shift,grey uniformity issue,burn in,tint at different brightness levels

Also it isn't really a issue if you can only see it in the notification panel

It doesn't even interfere with your usage !

So stop with this tint thing already for god's sake and enjoy your phones guys

Let's get over this already!

Don't go by other's experiences you decide for yourself!

Also this tint tint has been widely covered on many different phones just try googling the term

S8 had it on launch too but they later sorted it out through an ota (interesting if you ask me )

If Rog thing is SW they'll probably sort it out if it's HW not a big deal guys considering it's only visible in the notification panel and doesn't interfere with your normal usage

Rog has a gorgeous OLED panel imo and this tint can't be reproduced anywhere else like on YT etc .

One other thing this red tint thing kinda goes with the Rog theme so you can barely see it

Lastly I'm pretty sure 99% of guys wouldn't have even noticed this tint if no-one reported it here lol cos it's nothing major and doesn't strike out as anything out of the ordinary.

View post
I agree with Averan. If I haven't seen the post I would have not noticed it. On my phone is not that pronounced, visible only on low lightness and would call it more orrange-ish as my icons when I pull down the notification and settings are orrange. I use the Rog theme.
To compare I have taken out my Note 8. And, surprise, surprise, it has the same effect when reducing brightness. Only in this case more yellowish. I use a theme with yellow icons so it looks to me it's dependent on the colour scheme of the theme. I haven't tried anything blue or green. The fact is if I haven't read this post I would never have noticed it, as I didn't using the Note for the past 2 years.

Maybe I am all wrong. Maybe some people here have serious screen issues and it's not what I experience at all. In my case it's negligible and can also be observed on Note 8

bwlgt987
Star II
LP_ASUS

I got a test unit and was able to recreate this. Personally, I feel it is most noticeable at 10% brightness with a white background. When I tried the grayscale picture I almost didn't see anything.

My question would be, does this impact your user experience? Are you watching movies at this brightness? Are you regularly reading text on this device sub 35% brightness? Is this a visual effect you can't see past? (pun intended)

You can contact your repair center and have them evaluate your screen if you would like. But my recommendation if the red tinting is a deal-breaker for you and ruins your overall user experience with the device would be to return it.

View post
How can I return the phone sir?

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
bwlgt987

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22759#Comment_22759

Bro how did u get replacement? & What did u do with the replacement unit as it also has red tint issue?

View post
Called the Flipkart and said I've got defective unit. They replaced. I'm going to keep the replacement unit too because the issue to present in almost all ROG phones. No escaping.