This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final update wish

Razgriz
Rising Star II
As we know, mod already said this phone will get its final update this month..
We still dont get it until now, maybe end of this month i guess?
Hope they working hard to make it with less bugs or even free of bug, making notes of every reported bugs / problems here..

My number one wish on the list is pls bring latest GPU driver update too..
N there is some bugs that i already posted, so i hope it fixed too..

As for a13, i wont be greedy to ask too much..
This phone is already best in term of bringing firmware updates than other gaming phone..
Kinda sad, but its reasonable to stop here n let them focus on newer phones..
Not getting updates is not the end of the world afterall..
23 REPLIES 23

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Deepan_Ch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239836#Comment_239836

My version is VERY MUCH the Strix version 8/128.

I have checked with Multiple different softwares including 3D mark benchmarking suite where they show my device as ASUS ROG Phone 3 Strix.

Why do you think I have a Tencent version? And how do you say that the MODEM in my phone is bad?

The particular ISP speed on 4G, whatever it is, is HIGHER ON MY DEVICE than on any other device around me. I'm not sure what made you think that I have a CHINESE VERSION THAT WAS REBRANDED!

Tell me more about it!

View post
Check your available 5g bands and then tell me again how you dont have inferior modem. (You probably dont even know seeing how clueless you are)
Software showing you the model is unreliable. Many have complained their non strix phones where shown as strix and others complained how their strix were shown as a non strix. Kinda surprised you dont even know that either.

Razgriz
Rising Star II
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239510#Comment_239510

Nah bro, I understand, believe me, I'm also like that 🤣

View post
Hi, man..
I just try to see if twinview issue is fixed..
N yes, aspect ratio bug is fixed, but it comes with new funny bug..
If i open or move game to top screen, game genie will still running on bottom screen..
So i can still see realtime info n swipe from left side of bottom screen to open game genie..
Is it too much if i request another update?
😂

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Razgriz

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239513#Comment_239513

Hi, man..

I just try to see if twinview issue is fixed..

N yes, aspect ratio bug is fixed, but it comes with new funny bug..

If i open or move game to top screen, game genie will still running on bottom screen..

So i can still see realtime info n swipe from left side of bottom screen to open game genie..

Is it too much if i request another update?

😂

View post
I mean the 2month old sevurity patch kinda also a kick in the teeth ngl.

hllsynotebook
Rising Star II
Hi!

Some time ago I got the ROG Phone 5, great phone overall, but I wanted to connect a keyboard and mouse to play an RPG on a big screen.

My keyboard and mouse were detected without issues, but to my surprise I could not find the key mapping option that I had in the previous ROG phone models, and in my Lenovo duel.

I tried all my adapters and docking stations to see if maybe I will get it to work but unfortunately I had no luck. (And trust me I have a lot of those: 3 different models of dell docking stations, Lenovo dock, dell mobile adapters, Microsoft mobile adapters etc)

I started to look for a solution online, and found out that the key mapping is only available when I'm connecting the accessories through the original "Asus professional dock".

I searched everywhere and you can't even buy it, as it's discontinued - I couldn't even find a used one for sale!

So is there any way to unlock this function for other docks? Am I missing something here? It worked without issues on my previous ROG phones (there were dedicated docking station for those too, but it was not required as it worked with anything)

Will any other Asus dock allow me to use the key mapping function? Like the Asus Universal dock, SimPro Dock?

Is there any chance to contact someone from Asus to suggest a change in the software to allow third party docks to be used (or any other Asus docks that are actually available) - as it's really awfull to lock a function behind an accessory that I can't even buy!