«Pixel dead» in dark/night on Asus camera compare to Gcam that haven't got

txdu77
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus App & version 9.5.7.1_220908
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I think it's not normal to have got this problem :
We can see when i zooming with Gcam, there aren't a problem, just a noise of cam, into here it's normal BUT... With Asus app, it show in 8k (and other resolution) that my phone have got a Pixel dead in the Main optical camera of 50MP and not all dark when i hide completely the camera for have got a dark picture. After to see that, the Pixel dead can be seen with high light when we fixe it by eyes.... So it's horrible...
I don't know if it's Software or Hardware issue.
It's normal for you ? You have got the same problem ?
screenshot-20221024-164446-camera.jpg
With Gcam

screenshot-20221024-164337-camera.jpg
With Asus App
9 REPLIES 9

mickey10021
Rising Star II
This is typically normal for 8k since it's using full res mode instead of binned mode which will have more noise.
And other things are the sensor mode, the frame rate, etc. (technical stuff) will show different result.
IMX766 wasn't actually that great in some scenarios especially full res mode is worse than 686. Binned res (12.5 MP) is fine tho.

txdu77
Star III
@mickey10021 @Mansi_ASUS
The problem is the pixel dead on 8K.
It's not noise, because when i take other pictures, we can see the same pixel dead, to the even place.
See with more carefully the picture, it's like a stars constellation that not move but that rest on the main camera. I can say my main camera is clean and haven't got a mark or anything like weird visually.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
txdu77

@mickey10021 @Mansi_ASUS

The problem is the pixel dead on 8K.

It's not noise, because when i take other pictures, we can see the same pixel dead, to the even place.

See with more carefully the picture, it's like a stars constellation that not move but that rest on the main camera. I can say my main camera is clean and haven't got a mark or anything like weird visually.

View post
Try pro video mode and reduce iso. The noise pretty much disappear. It's the same reason with 50MP mode. It's only suitable with good light only

txdu77
Star III
@mickey10021
Look the video, it's not noise, but a pixel dead in the camera.
The screen of my phone is normal 👍

Madmax999
Rising Star I
txdu77

@mickey10021

Look the video, it's not noise, but a pixel dead in the camera.

The screen of my phone is normal 👍

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/1FKYLDHTTI3R/2022-12-01-19-20-53.mp4

View post
So sad . Whats going on ... Hope you fix it @ASUS!!!