Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW-32.2050.2050.29
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: daily
========================================
I am asking for help in the following matter:
In phone settings -> Battery -> Battery management, there is an item called Scheduled energy saving (I am not sure of the correct translation from the Czech language). Here is the setting of the time interval requested by the user incl. the possibility of choosing one of the two energy modes, which will be used for the planned energy saving.
In my case, automatic switching on usually only works after the phone is restarted (which happens more often than I like). Once the time interval is over and the power mode is correctly automatically reverted back to the default energy mode, the next auto-start will not happen and I have to do this myself manually.
The switch for this setting (on / off) shows permanent activation, despite this, the automatic change of energy mode will not take place.
Have any of you encountered a similar error? Can I fix it by clearing the cache of some system app?
Thank you for your responses.
De Funes
2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @De Funes,
I heard back from the R&D. The team needs you to generate a log as per the following experiment (the process will take around 3 minutes):
Enable the logging tool.
Turn on the screen recording, and do not let the phone go to sleep during the experiment
Go to Setting>Battery>System Mode
Select Dynamic performance in the system mode
Next, go to Scheduled power-saving>Select Ultra-durable battery saving mode, and set the start/end time of scheduled power saving for example 10:29~10:30 (check if the ultra-durable mode is enabled at the 'start time' and reverts to the dynamic mode at the 'end time')
Go to Settings>Battery>Scheduled power saving mode and select ultra-durable battery life
End the screen recording and the log. Share the log and screen recording video.
Here are the steps to generate the log-
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.