This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

jairo
Star III
neohackr

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12086/air-trigger-issue

I have the same issue with left trigger but its gone after last update.i thought its gone forever but yesterday i formatted my device and now again sometimes while playing cod it happening and it starts flickering. Earlier i though my device air triggers have fault and i already set it out for replacement but after reading this whole thread..its not only me thats having the issue.

Asus must have to do something about it and as a gaming phone...its utmost important to have triggers working perfectly.

1. Air triggers not working good

2. Camera not at all good needs optimization

3. Red tint issue still no resolution.

4. Fingerprint is a hit or miss..atleast need to touch 3-4 times.

5. Face unlock is also not perfect.

What the hell asus has done before launching this device. Dont make me or every other Asus Rog 2 user feel that they have done a mistake buying this device.

View post
It seems that this phone was produced by children of 12 years, has too many SW errors and I do not even want to imagine the ones you will have from HW, such as dust entering the device

JG87
Star I
Upper/left finger air trigger Blue(L1/L2) and Bottom/Right finger air trigger Red(R1/R2).
Blue(upper/left finger) air trigger both L1 and L2 are working. In Red(bottom/right finger) air trigger the R1 is working but R2 side is either unresponsive or 1 time response(when you press down it only trigger once but will not hold) or flickering(when press down the response flicker).
So when playing game I'm stretching my right index finger just to reach R1. please let me know if you guys having same problem. is it due to software update? cause i start only noticing this after OCT 24.
Note: all other setting like Squeeze gesture are all disable. I speculate that it had Left/Blue(L1/L2) and Right/Read(R1/R2) is when you run you finger in Air trigger it looks like both of the air trigger have two part sensor.

JG87
Star I
nightsilvance

Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Air Trigger issue
can you have Nightsilvance if have same issue?
Blue(upper/left finger) air trigger both L1 and L2 are working. In Red(bottom/right finger) air trigger the R1 is working but R2 side is either unresponsive or 1 time response(when you press down it only trigger once but will not hold) or flickering(when press down the response flicker).

JG87
Star I

gianlucanos

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/821/2DUPTVG0BLRQ.mp4

This video Will show the exactly problem we're having with right trigger on Rog Phone 2. As you can See left trigger (Blue) works perfectly.

View post
this the same thing happen to me when I'm pressing the lower(R2) part of the right/red trigger but both side of the left/Blue L1,L2 are working fine.

nightsilvance
Star III
Yeah sounds exactly the same. But now we can only wait for the next update.