Did you mean: 

Charging problems

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime when charging
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

So when I plug in the USB c cable into my phone, it's completely random whether it decides to charge or not. However, most of the times when I rotate the USB c plug 180 degrees, it does charge, which doesn't make sense at all. Especially since this isn't related to a particular side of the cable, and happens with every cable I tried. Apart from this, it often only slow charges.

I've had this problem from the very beginning, first I thought it was just a faulty cable, so I ignored the problem since it was during my holiday and had no hurry with charging. Now I'm at work again it's extremely annoying having to notice that for example after an hour, my phone hasn't been charging at all.

I'm an electronics engineer myself, and no matter what I can think of, due to the complete randomness I can't find any solution.

I'd like to address/discuss this issue over here before I have to sent the phone back for repair/replacement. So please, free me from my utter confusion!

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Plannedobsolescence !
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The issue you are facing might be due to either damaged pins in your phone or the charging port of the device/adapter you are using. You can try to charge some other device using the same medium and check if the problem persists.
If not, contact the nearest Asus service center to get your device examined. You can find your closest service center in the link below-
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.