This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified] ROG II Ultimate Band 71 and VoLTE T-Mobile?

penguinsquad
Star II
Will the ROG II Ultimate include Band 71? Its almost a requirement for T-Mobiles future network roll outs this coming year.
Also will there be support for T-Mobile VoLTE this time around?

Original ROG Owner
36 REPLIES 36

ZT-24e7d75a
Star III
Anders_ASUS

We're aware that 3G will go away with some carriers which do of course put more pressure on us to support their VoLTE but also puts pressure on those carriers to open up to more manufacturers. If they don't, then they will lose customers.

View post
Sorry but excuse me? All USA carriers are ending 3G. Is ASUS really taking the stand that people would leave their carriers over the ROG Phone 2 VoLTE? Does Asus not understand that every US carrier requires VoLTE. This is not a want but a need for continued use of the phone. I truly am baffled by this statement as it seems zero research was placed into the US market.

I have an itch to buy the rog phone 2, but I saw a comment on amazon on the reviews that this phone doesn't support volte. I had no idea what that was, so I went to researching it. ( Don't have time to keep up with tech alot of times, seems to be changing so often). Little shocked to learn that all carriers are in the process of switching to this tech and if your phone doesn't support it, your phone will quit working sometime next year. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that people ).
I have an older ASUS ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition currently. Which I tested and is volte enabled and works. I was this close to scratching an itch and buying the new rog 2. But after researching I can't justify buying a phone that's not going to work in less than a year. Does raise the question though, how come my old zen phone 2 works and this brand new rog phone 2 is not going to work?
Makes me kinda sad, because I consider ASUS one of the best at what they do. Understand, I love my zenFone 2 and if you had updated the operating system to the latest android, I probably wouldn't even think of switching. But Android 6 just doesn't cut it anymore, and I need a new phone. Wish it could be the new ROG as (spec wise) it's currently the best out there in my opinion, except someone dropped the ball on VOLTE compatibility. Guess I'll wait and see what you guys come up with next time, and hopefully I can buy your product in the future.

yosef019
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

We're aware that 3G will go away with some carriers which do of course put more pressure on us to support their VoLTE but also puts pressure on those carriers to open up to more manufacturers. If they don't, then they will lose customers.

View post
what about operators outside the us like israel not support this wifi/lte calling too

Jango52517
Star III
Anders_ASUS

View post
I mean no offense by this what so ever and I apologize if it comes across otherwise
But
If you think that anyone will leave or switch carriers because a specific phone let alone one with a fairly niche appeal/following isn't available then you might need to re-evaluate why people choose carriers.
We go to a carrier for price, coverage, customer service, and benefits. After we decide we then look at the phones we can get on that network. Not the other way around.
T-mobile realistically isnt under pressure at all. If they make any moves towards fixing this itd be because theyre a good company but they'd have to worry about what kind of precident theyre setting for other companies. ASUS is the only one under pressure and in the end its the ASUS fans and customers who are hurt by this...
IMO.

Jango52517
Star III
Anders_ASUS

View post
NO US customer will leave their carrier for a phone, maybe it's different in other markets but in the US the phone is the literal LAST thing we look into AFTER we already chose a carrier. We choose the phone for the carrier not the carrier for the phone.
I mean no disrespect by any of this but if ASUS wants to become a front runner in the US (which they could do) they need to do 2 things.
1. MAKE SURE THE PHONE DOES AND WILL WORK IN THE COUNTRY THEYRE SELLING IT IN
2. Advertise. I only found out about this phone by chance while researching another gaming phone that I also found BY CHANCE. Thats some pretty low odds there. I work at a best buy repair center and literally only one other person there even knew that ASUS sold phones.