This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version WW-31.0810.1226.139, is it safe or should i update?

login078
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:Version WW-31.0810.1226.128
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, anyone tried the .139 with classic 8gb ram rog 5? Is there any wifi/mobile problem or chance to brick phone after update? Recent updates before .128 made my phone restart while charging/clock display bug + sudden restart. Currently (.128), im getting a good battery life 4-5 hours gaming/browsing but unstable performance with Game Genie and keeps switching to sim 1 and sim 2. X mode doesn't work since Android 12. My warranty got expired since September.
11 REPLIES 11

soulreaper0666
Rising Star II
soulreaper0666

I have updated the both of my rog 5 8gb and 12gb to it on the same day through OTA. I haven't encountered any issue yet. But i have an android 12 bug/issue that wifi auto-connect is annoying as fuck because it keeps connecting to wifi connection which is further from my position in both the phones. If im sitting next to my main router it auto connects to my extender connection which is across the house which obviously be weak in speed. And my other 12gb rog 5 which i use usually in the room with extended connection it keeps connecting to the main router which again is across the other end of the house. On my main phone which 8gb variant, i've switched off auto connect and set it under metered connection of the extender connection. Yet it keeps connecting to it by auto disconnecting from main router. It happens numerous times while gaming which ofcourse impacts online game. Its tiring but i make it forget extender connection settings and connect to when needed by re-entering password everytime. Its not a hardware problem but a software issue cause i have tried rolling back to android 11 couple of times. It works fine on it but as i update them to android 12, the issue comes back. I reported about it in last update and hoped it will get fixed in this update but i was wrong. -_-

View post
You can see the issue in the video.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
As said above, no correction on Android 12 since April 2021.
Android 11 is more stable, charging bug (unplug-replug), mobile data bug on antenna change (airplane mode on-off solution), qti.service error and wifi latency +50-70% and more security patch but it remains more usable than with Android 12 and these more penalizing WIfi bugs and unfinished ergonomics, so personal still in A11

justkscr0936
Star II
Worst thing is ASUS is not acknowledging the issue.Atleadt xaomi did acknowledge the issue and gave refund or extended warranty for 2 years

soulreaper0666
Rising Star II
I got the extended warranty on my 8gb variant after the motherboard change. But still these basic issues needs to be addressed.

login078
Star III
FunBike31

login078 

There has never been an update that breaks the WIFI/Hotspot, it is already broken and it is during the reboot procedure that it detects the fault and disables the module.

The list of your problems makes me fear the worst because restarting, no X mode, switching from SIM1 to SIM2 probably indicates a hardware problem. (I'm surprised that you don't have a problem with the fingerprint reader, often linked to SIM malfunctions) Poor and unstable performances are "Normal", ASUS has deliberately broken them by reducing the frequencies beyond 39-40° since firmware A11 .57 / .86 for all applications launched by Armory Create

Since April 2021 except for a correction (that ASUS had made on APN!) and another on the Touch (which also worked very well before being broken) this company of .............. .. no longer fixes any bugs and adds no new VoLTE compatible operators, Android security patches have been the only elements of firmware for 8 months, the ROG 5/S/Pro series is brain dead, Bug Wifi 6, latency Wifi, performance, compatible USB Dock use, new GPU/Vulkan driver, new VoLTE operator, in short, nothing more to hope for, it will make a nice paperweight in a short time if it hasn't already been done.

That said, in order,

a) save the data you consider important on the Cloud or PC

b) checks the battery charge and charges it if necessary

c) turn off your phone.

d) Let it come back to room temperature (20-25°) if you had played before turning it off.

e) Turn it on again, don't launch any software, check if your Wifi is operational

f) If the Wifi is broken, refer to my 1st sentence

g) If it's ok, update this new firmware

In view of the bugs you list, before point (g), I will perform a factory reset then do the update, I believe more of a hardware problem (typical problem of people who put it in the pockets of pants ) but I could be wrong in this case you will find a phone that does not reboot, stay on the right Wifi and on the right sim)

View post
I followed your guide, my wifi still works. I guess it's safe to update. About the charging restart, it only happens if i use hypercharge 65w. My usual phone temperature while gaming is 27c up to 36c(Genshin Impact-30fps/mid setting) right now since I'm using BlackShark 2 funcooler all the time.