This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte on the ROG Phone 2

Jango52517
Star III
After hours of research I found out that it seems that the ROG Phone 2 has the hardware necessary for Volte and band 71. I understand that ASUS may have their reasons for not wanting to get certified but realistically 99% of people would rather just get a different phone as opposed to switching carriers. What are the odds that ASUS could get the ROG 2 certified and get Volte enabled and band 71 supported? I genuinely want to keep this phone but realistically I don't think i can, I might have yo return it if Asus decides to refuse to care about its customers and products... I love the company but this is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth like it is for many others.

TLDR: What are the odds of getting Volte and band 71 on the ROG Phone 2?
23 REPLIES 23

Ilyas
Star III
Although we are not facing this issue in Europe yet, I just can't see Asus ignoring this. Just doesn't make sense. All speculation but I'm expecting them to eventually agree and release an OTA update to sort this

Jango52517
Star III
Ilyas

Although we are not facing this issue in Europe yet, I just can't see Asus ignoring this. Just doesn't make sense. All speculation but I'm expecting them to eventually agree and release an OTA update to sort this

View post
I really really hope so. I hope they realize that we're not gonna switch carriers for a phone but that we do want their phone and that if they do it soon enough they could really be up there with samsung and apple as top phones, if they wait too long they might miss their shot. I've just done so much research and spent so much time and gotten dead set on saving for and getting this phone only for it to come to this. I hope it gets fixed before my return window is up otherwise I may have to abandon the ROG phone ship.

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
While VoLTE isn't a dead set requirement in Australia, it would be a nice to have on this phone - especially with JB Hifi retailer set to sell these in Aus..

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I can't comment whether or not VoLTE is coming. Only that this subject is frequently discussed internally. We read everything you write and the reason why we can't say anything is because it's complicated. Users that need a Yes or No right now will have to decide for themselves if they want to take a chance or go with another brand.