Star II
System: Win 11
Battery or AC:
Model: G713RS
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello All, just picked up my ROG G713RS laptop,still doing my setup procedure and my question is: From what I can tell there are 2 extra slots for the internal drives. Best recommendation as far as brands go? Looking a picking up a 2TB stick for now. Also do it need a heat shield as it's in a enclosed space and these can get pretty hot. Thanx for any help/suggestions...
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
seven_of_moo
  1. System: Win 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: G713RS
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hello All, just picked up my ROG G713RS laptop,still doing my setup procedure and my question is: From what I can tell there are 2 extra slots for the internal drives. Best recommendation as far as brands go? Looking a picking up a 2TB stick for now. Also do it need a heat shield as it's in a enclosed space and these can get pretty hot. Thanx for any help/suggestions...

ROG G713RS nVME SSD Query
@seven_of_moo
Its SSD specification is M.2 2280 NVME PCIE4x4: 512G/1TB.
If you want to upgrade to 2TB SSD, we cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility with you.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

seven_of_moo
Star II
Thanx Falcon for the reply and the info, I'll stick with a 1TB then and I should be good to go. So no heat shield is required?

Falcon_ASUS
seven_of_moo

Thanx Falcon for the reply and the info, I'll stick with a 1TB then and I should be good to go. So no heat shield is required?

View post
@seven_of_moo
Yes, please refer to the following.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/G513RC/E19513_G513R_G713R_SM_WEB.pdf
image.png

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.