This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen refresh rate issue after update

SHEIKH_AZHARUDD
Rising Star II
After recent update 1908.21-0 it seems refresh rate has become slow . 120Hz feels like 90Hz and 90Hz like 60Hz... If you set the rate to 60Hz phone is almost unusable... everything is so laggy and slow. I have OnePlus 6 it's 60Hz is like Rog 2 90Hz
So something has broken after recent update. Is anyone else facing same issue? If not can you please change refresh rate to 60Hz,check and let me know
5 REPLIES 5

SHEIKH_AZHARUDD
Rising Star II
Changelogs of last update
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ROG Phone II (ZS660KL)

【Release Date】

2019/10/21

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Reduced the chance of blur image caused by shaking for indoor selfie
  2. Fixed the issued when rejecting call while listening to music via bluetooth caused the music to be broadcast through the speaker
  3. Fixed the issue where AirTriggers were triggered by lower than the set value after rebooting
  4. Fixed the issue where occasionally when restarting phone was stuck at booting animation
  5. Fixed the issue where LED indicator function was missing
  6. Fixed the issue where a pop up a window showed Launcher stopped working after completion of data recovery
  7. Fixed the issue where the power menu rotated 180 degree when the phone was in certain orientation
  8. Fixed the issue where starting the phone when it was docked on TwinView Dock II caused occassional black screens and incorrect orientation
  9. Fixed the issue where the refresh rate options in Settings and Quick Settings were inconsistent, when connected to TwinView Dock II

[191011] ROG Phone II_ZS660KL_WW_16.0631.1908.21

I suspect no 9 of this update caused the issue with screen refresh rate

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I am not experiencing this.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
SHEIKH AZHARUDDIN

After recent update 1908.21-0 it seems refresh rate has become slow . 120Hz feels like 90Hz and 90Hz like 60Hz... If you set the rate to 60Hz phone is almost unusable... everything is so laggy and slow. I have OnePlus 6 it's 60Hz is like Rog 2 90Hz

So something has broken after recent update. Is anyone else facing same issue? If not can you please change refresh rate to 60Hz,check and let me know

screen refresh rate issue after update
I believe you just got very used to 120hz and don't feel the same difference anymore. OnePlus 6 might feel more snappy because their set animation time for almost everything is lower than ours.
We could do the same but it requires that change some animations as the standard ones doesn't work well with shorter animation time.
A very simple test you can do is to scroll text on both phones. Then you should notice the difference.

Shubhojit
Rising Star II
Well i also could see the difference when switched between refresh rates