cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced battery life after last update

jccngai
Star I
Hi there
My ZF9 has had significantly reduced battery life since the last update. I used to get about a day and a half per charge and now I have to charge it in the evening. My usage hasn't changed, connections to wifi and Bluetooth remain the same.
How can I get the same battery life back?
10 REPLIES 10

mumei6102
Rising Star I
I think battery life is a bit shorter after update, but I'm not 100% sure

Netbox
Star III
paweldejko

After the last update there is some problem with the location - the location icon is showing all the time. It is true that I did not notice a deterioration in the autonomy of the phone, but it may be a matter of different intensity of use of the phone and the choice of specific applications.

View post
I have the exact same problem and the location icon is showing constantly at the top and never goes off.
Something is obviously using location and you would expect is using power.
Really regretting this ZenFone 9 as there are too many problems with it.
Battery is noticeable worse now, can't make calls from my car, screen cast is crazy and obviously has issues (confirmed problems with Google play services and this phone).
Get the impression we are just Beta testers for this device at the moment.

Not great for an expensive flagship phone.

paweldejko
Star III
Netbox

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/238299#Comment_238299

I have the exact same problem and the location icon is showing constantly at the top and never goes off.

Something is obviously using location and you would expect is using power.

Really regretting this ZenFone 9 as there are too many problems with it.

Battery is noticeable worse now, can't make calls from my car, screen cast is crazy and obviously has issues (confirmed problems with Google play services and this phone).

Get the impression we are just Beta testers for this device at the moment.

Not great for an expensive flagship phone.

View post
In another thread, someone provided a temporary solution to the location issue by uninstalling the last Google Play Service update.

echang01
Star II
I'm having the same issues with battery life since last couple of updates

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @jccngai!
I have reported the issue to the R&D team.
As for all the users who are experiencing the location icon issue. It is a known issue of Google. However, the latest Google Play service update should resolve this issue.