This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug Report] Missing actions in Smart Key settings

Lambaste
Rising Star I
Certain actions such as flashlight and camera actions are limited to specific key-press combinations of the smart key.
For instance, I can't select any camera actions for the the double-press combination. Similarly, no flashlight for the press and hold combination.
All actions should be available for all combinations.
I'm on the .194 firmware.
7 REPLIES 7

Nanni
Star III
I'm not defending it I'm also not in favour of this but we also gotta understand the Devs point of view that's what I'm saying.

Lambaste
Rising Star I
Nanni

I'm not defending it I'm also not in favour of this but we also gotta understand the Devs point of view that's what I'm saying.

View post
Well, as plausible it might sound, that's just speculation as we don't quite know what the developers' perspective is (all the more reason to wait for them to chime in).

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'll say that you're not first to request this feature and that it has already been forwarded to our devs.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10947/smart-key-customization
It's up to our devs and their bosses to decide now. I even forwarded a users idea of putting camera retract as an option for the power button.
We never get a Yes or No when we forward something regardless of what they think about the idea so all we can do now is to hope for the best. They always have their reasons for these decisions like VS-KR and Nanni pointed out but there's always a change that they can change their mind.