This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update 31.1010.0411.138 (2022-10-05) Location Service don't stop

Joao_Fortes
Star I
After update my ZenFone 8 to version 31.1010.0411.138 (2022-10-05) the Location Service don't stop.
It is always showing the location icon on top bar and alerting form an app cosuming much battery.
Looking the battery alert detais it shows the app Location Services.
If I turn off the the Location and turn on, it stay for a while off, but when some app uses the Location when the app is closed the Location keep on.
34 REPLIES 34

keren_ASUS
Thank you so much @Rokcy98 and @vinko063. I'll keep you posted here.

MrPhilZYX
Star I
Hi,
I had the same issue. I did a factory reset without any luck. Turning off the scheduled night light solved it for me too.
Just wish I read this here earlier...

Myx
Star I
I also found a geolocation problem in the weather app. To fix the problem, turn off location detection in the background.

sonoro
Star III
Thanks a lot for your hint, @Rokcy98 ! After the latest update, I had the same issue on my Zenfone 9 - the cause seems to be the same as on the Zenfone 8.
In my case, it was not the "night light" but the "dark theme" that was set to automatically "turn on from sunset to sunrise". I disabled the automatic switch and set a custom schedule for it. For now, the issue seems to be gone.

vinko063
Star III
@sonoro
I never had turned on automatically night light or theme from light to dark, but the problem is still there.