This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 - satisfied?

martka_010
Star I
Dear ones, do we have users here at all who are really satisfied with the choice of Zenfone 8?
Those who may experience some minor inconvenience in everyday use, but otherwise everything is fine? I realize that on forums we usually raise problems and what frustrates us, but maybe they will report to you really satisfied? Or maybe everyone will sooner or later get the death of this model?
I am addressing my question mainly to users with longer experience.
19 REPLIES 19

TR_simpZ
Star III
After 12 months of owning this phone, I am pleased with my decision. The reason I bought it was the compact size and affordable price with flagship specs and water resistance. The battery charging limits was a great feature (though more new phones in 2022 have the same feature now).
I am permanently on 120Hz. Screen on-time could be better but I'm not too bothered with it as long as I plan my day-trip properly. I disabled all power optimization features within the first week (because I was unconvinced they are actually helping), except the Auto-start Manager, whereby I setup the latter to disable numerous apps from auto-starting. Screen on-time estimates according to AccuBattery is 8h 40m.
A little envious when I watched ZenFone 9 reviews mentioned the new device now has superb battery duration, best processor and other improvements. However, I would try to stay with my ZenFone 8 until it breaks. I hope it survives as long as my previous Samsung, which is 4 years (and still working BTW, just too slow for today's standards hence I shelved it and got this ZenFone 8 as replacement).

stefanogroppi
Star I
Absolutely not satisfied.
The phone is nice to see but it is absolutely not reliable.
After less than 1 year I decided to replace it... I need a working phone not a STUPID TOY!
This is my last Asus product.
Regards

endrjug
Star III
I've said what I don't like in my own topic two days ago already but i'll repeat.
Things I like:
Audio Jack, notification led, fast charging good enough but not crazy as chinese phones, charger in box, water resistant - you know, all that stuff packed in better phones, bright torch led (but could be better, i'm working as technician and it's one of my top used features)
things I don't like:
Android 12 style quick settings menu (huge buttons, merged wifi and mobile data),
no microSD support while dual sim (I'm this guy with one phone number for 22 years and never needed dual sim, more like using second phone, but every phone have too small memory capacity for me),
minor bugs like auto screen brightness stopped working (or just black screen) and need to reboot phone get it working properly
audio outputs managing (not always visible, should be in quick settings bar and always accesible even when no sound is played)
Phone conversation quality, this is very important one. It's phone after all. People often say they don't hear me good, especially in speaker mode they hear themselves or my voice echo, bad quality
Sometimes when talking screen not turn off (not often), but cannot acces quick settings because when i'm reaching my finger for quick menu while calling, the screen turns off 😄 Please change that for headphones and speaker mode.
Synchronisation messed up because of system performance mode, even in dynamic mode (mail notifications reach me when I check gmail manually), but this may be gmail issue, I've got the same issues on samsung when stopped synchronisation once, it was messed for months
White list for apps that should not be killed when "detect and stop" (for battery draining apps) is enabled. It was constantly killing my audiobook app while listening a book. Useless function without white list.
Not critical, but I just don't like holes and notches in my screen 😆 Sensors and front camera size were perfect in my old galaxy s8. Actually my perfect phone would be galaxy S8 with upgraded hardware (more memory, ram, faster cpu, bigger battery etc.) and newer software (just bug fixes and compatibility) XD
Camera app is not bad but lack simple things like timer in OSD not hidden in settings
In gallery app i've set image for album by accident and I have no idea how to get it back to show newest image.
I like my zenfone but bought it because samsung got stupid ideas about removing all useful hardware and even headphone jack, wall charger, headphones, microSD etc. but I have strong will to stay for longer with ASUS if it will support devices long enough.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
I still love my Zenfone 8 and am satisfied. The 9 doesn't have the right features for me.
I like: headphone jack, audio quality, LED, high quality screen, FM radio, form factor, premium feel, water resistance.
I don't like: the odd software bug, battery life, limited Android updates (soon to receive its final update).
Things I'd want extra on the Zenfone 10: longer Android support, better approach to software bugs, zoom lens (gimbal not essential for me)
Features that are essential for me: headphone jack, hd audio, amoled.

The Zf8 is such a good phone overall it's a shame that ASUS don't go a bit further with updates. My next phone won't necessarily be an ASUS so they need to remain attractive by not cutting features like the LED.

stefanogroppi
Star I
Satisfied with what? This phone is a scam. The battery runs out in a short time even without using the phone, the technical support is practically non-existent. Thanks Asus, really nice product, keep it up