This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 "repair" on a brand new phone

Jernyang
Star II
I purchased an ROG phone 6 on the 29th of October. Barely a week using it, stock condition, no root, latest firmware, the camera and fingerprint reader starts to malfunction. (Unable to read fingerprints nor start the camera)
I brought it to the local service center in Singapore and they said a motherboard replacement was required.
For a brand spanking new premium phone at more than $1k, would it not be reasonable for it to be completely replaced than to be repaired?
Surely the opening and changing of parts within will affect the ultimate longevity and quality of the product.
As such, I would not recommend this product at all based on this experience.
15 REPLIES 15

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I am sick and tired explaining it over and over again to clueless consumers, so I'll let louis rossman explain it for me:

at 8:00 min youll understand why this is a problem. On the Iphone you got touch ID / Audio IC that breaks and on the Rog5 and Rog6 by extension, the fingerprint + simcard gone. Stop being a bendgate denier, you look stupid. I know its a hard pill to swallow, you purchased a premium device, you probably are beyond the return period and it sucks to hear that your phone will most likely die/have a heavy hardware defect around the 8-16months mark, but this is the sad reality.
@GRIDAS Also the fact you come here and are surprised that the OP is complaining about a literal defective phone after only a week of usage lets me believe you are either deluded as hell or trolling hard. Anyone in existance should be extremely upset about a defectice 1k+ phone after only a week of usage.
@Jernyang hate to break it to you but after the Rog3 ASUS went absolute nosedive on quality control. If you can return it, do it. Not to mention your phone will literally perform worse than the next gen non gaming phones. Thanks to the gen2's huge efficiency uplift, even a budget poco will outperform the Rog6 by quite a large margin without the need of a crappy cooler attached to it.

GRIDAS
Star I
Danishblunt

I am sick and tired explaining it over and over again to clueless consumers, so I'll let louis rossman explain it for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgv7aktFErA

at 8:00 min youll understand why this is a problem. On the Iphone you got touch ID / Audio IC that breaks and on the Rog5 and Rog6 by extension, the fingerprint + simcard gone. Stop being a bendgate denier, you look stupid. I know its a hard pill to swallow, you purchased a premium device, you probably are beyond the return period and it sucks to hear that your phone will most likely die/have a heavy hardware defect around the 8-16months mark, but this is the sad reality.

@GRIDAS Also the fact you come here and are surprised that the OP is complaining about a literal defective phone after only a week of usage lets me believe you are either deluded as hell or trolling hard. Anyone in existance should be extremely upset about a defectice 1k+ phone after only a week of usage.

@Jernyang hate to break it to you but after the Rog3 ASUS went absolute nosedive on quality control. If you can return it, do it. Not to mention your phone will literally perform worse than the next gen non gaming phones. Thanks to the gen2's huge efficiency uplift, even a budget poco will outperform the Rog6 by quite a large margin without the need of a crappy cooler attached to it.

View post
Do you even have and use this phone? I use fingerscanner all the time, and no without sometimes needing to place my finger second time (but ofcourse, this is too hard for snowflakes), i see no other issues. Like I said earlier, this is my main phone and I use it heavily, and with almost no issues. You can sit and watch youtube videos and cry all you want, but reality is, as a user, phone is beast on gaming and that's what it's made for (and I'm not even using the cooler). I'm not defending ASUS, actually, I don't give a damn about them, but this snowflake attitude is what gets me.
BTW, I used this thread to tell my opinion, because this is the most recent one, I have not said a word about OP problem at all, if you can read, ofc you can run into issues, or defects, that is not avoidable, there is no perfect device in this world, and ASUS has them too, but not as bad, as you make it seem.

Jernyang
Star II
GRIDAS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237754#Comment_237754

Do you even have and use this phone? I use fingerscanner all the time, and no without sometimes needing to place my finger second time (but ofcourse, this is too hard for snowflakes), i see no other issues. Like I said earlier, this is my main phone and I use it heavily, and with almost no issues. You can sit and watch youtube videos and cry all you want, but reality is, as a user, phone is beast on gaming and that's what it's made for (and I'm not even using the cooler). I'm not defending ASUS, actually, I don't give a damn about them, but this snowflake attitude is what gets me.

BTW, I used this thread to tell my opinion, because this is the most recent one, I have not said a word about OP problem at all, if you can read, ofc you can run into issues, or defects, that is not avoidable, there is no perfect device in this world, and ASUS has them too, but not as bad, as you make it seem.

View post
I'm glad you have no issues with your fingerprint scanner. Good for you. I had no problems with my rog2 fingerprint either. Perhaps some people used it as a racquet, but my phone is well taken care of. Just sucks that the out of the box experience was extremely poor with the in built defects. Too bad for me and others like me then. And because of the bad experience, I would not buy again. They will only repair, won't even replace, much less consider a return... Would you recommend this experience? And I suppose it's entirely a snowflake idea that items paid for should work as intended? How silly of me...

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jernyang

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237816#Comment_237816

I'm glad you have no issues with your fingerprint scanner. Good for you. I had no problems with my rog2 fingerprint either. Perhaps some people used it as a racquet, but my phone is well taken care of. Just sucks that the out of the box experience was extremely poor with the in built defects. Too bad for me and others like me then. And because of the bad experience, I would not buy again. They will only repair, won't even replace, much less consider a return... Would you recommend this experience? And I suppose it's entirely a snowflake idea that items paid for should work as intended? How silly of me...

View post
just give up, there are some users here who are so deluded they will defend anything no matter how bad it is. his argument is literally, "I dont have problem, so neither do you, stop crying".
Logical reasoning is completely lost. You're wasting ur time. Once his phone is broken and he has to repair it for cash, trust me, he will be one of the first throwing a tantrum acting all surprised while people wll remind him that he has been told it would break.
For now, I suggest gettng it repaired and cutting ur losses by selling it, since return seems not to be an option.

Jernyang
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237821#Comment_237821

just give up, there are some users here who are so deluded they will defend anything no matter how bad it is. his argument is literally, "I dont have problem, so neither do you, stop crying".

Logical reasoning is completely lost. You're wasting ur time. Once his phone is broken and he has to repair it for cash, trust me, he will be one of the first throwing a tantrum acting all surprised while people wll remind him that he has been told it would break.

For now, I suggest gettng it repaired and cutting ur losses by selling it, since return seems not to be an option.

View post
I cannot even objectively sell it in good faith knowing the problems that it has. I guess I am also not an established corporation rehashing problematic parts for new products.