This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update 31.1010.0411.138 (2022-10-05) Location Service don't stop

Joao_Fortes
Star I
After update my ZenFone 8 to version 31.1010.0411.138 (2022-10-05) the Location Service don't stop.
It is always showing the location icon on top bar and alerting form an app cosuming much battery.
Looking the battery alert detais it shows the app Location Services.
If I turn off the the Location and turn on, it stay for a while off, but when some app uses the Location when the app is closed the Location keep on.
34 REPLIES 34

Joao_Fortes
Star I
Thanks guys! I confirm the bug is in the scheduled night light. Disable it and problem solved. Ok as workaround but will be good to have a fix on next update. Tks

vinko063
Star III
Joao Fortes

Thanks guys! I confirm the bug is in the scheduled night light. Disable it and problem solved. Ok as workaround but will be good to have a fix on next update. Tks

View post
I never turned on scheduled night light.

keren_ASUS
Hello everyone,
We aren't able to replicate this issue. Can you all help us out by providing a log:
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type "Location"
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Thank you!

Rokcy98
Star III
@Karen_ASUS I started the log with night light set to manual, after that I switched to sunrise/sunset (that gives us the problem), after that I set to manual again and finished the log.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BP1yeB43Ze8NbGW6cbkZVE8l-I1BNxRD/view?usp=drivesdk